Used 2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Six years, 76000 miles
By sk8teacher

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Sept 2005. Had every option available for the LX, and was over $30k. Got a really great deal and have loved the car. We live 45 miles outside of DC and average 22-23mpg mixed driving, and 26-28mpg highway. You can ride all day and never get tired. Very smooth ride. Use the cruise control on the highway or you will find yourself going well over the speed limit it is so smooth and effortless. It still amazes me how much you can get into the trunk. At 21 cubic feet, it is huge! If you can find someone willing to part with theirs, buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Roominess, trunk space, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back!

Crown Victoria LX
By CrownVic420

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the car a bit over a year ago and i loved it more and more since i got it. It has a bit of a rattle on the door and the cup holder but its all good. But the tape player automatically seeks if you go 30 seconds without playing a song but it works. The left shocks and struts squeak when i turn left which concerns me a little. But i think their ok. The seats are big and comfortable and it is very roomy which is great because I'm pretty tall. The gas mileage is good for what it is i usually get about 20 mpg in a good day and 26-28 on the highway going at 80.

Favorite Features

I like how big and roomy it is, and also i like the 4.6L V8. Its a bit under powered but it goes. I love the ride of the car. Its very smooth and surprisingly the turning radius is good for a yom kippur clipper.

Suggested Improvements

Well its a bit late for that since their not making them anymore after 2011. But i would give it more power and tighten up the suspension. Also i would add more luxury features and put a much more up to date sound system in it. But otherwise i love it and wouldn't change much else.

Simply Amazed!
By collegestudent21

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was definitely not planning on buying a crown victoria, my previous car, died a week before I was suppose to start college, i had a 2000 Toyota Camry, only had 98,000 miles and the car died. I got my 05 crown victoria from my grandmother, she bought a new 08 grand marqauis. I've had the car for a year and a half. The reliability has been great so far, it had 18,000 miles when I got it, it has 47,000 miles as of today, has not had any problems os far. The ride is extremely smooth, car has amazing power, i catch myself speeding alot. The seats are extremely comfortable, and lastly the gas mileage is amazing, on two different trips, i got an average of 28 MPG, I was shocked.

Favorite Features

I love the radio and heating controls on the steering wheel, power adjustable pedals, automatic headlights, automatic parking brake release, just too many amazing features to list.

Suggested Improvements

Don't discontinue the crown victoria, grand Marquis, and town car. They are amazing vehicles. I recommend them to everyone.

Absolutely love my Crown Victoria!!
By Luke

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car about a year ago from a family friend. It only had 18000 miles on it. She wanted a new crown victoria, she wanted a different color LOL. She gave me a great deal on the car. I love everything about this car, the exterior looks very nice, just enough chrome. Also love the keyless entry pad, don't ever have to worry about locking my keys in the car. This car is so comfortable, and has alot of power. I find myself speeding all the time. The quality and reliability is awesome also. Haven't had any problems. My sister has a 01 crown vic, hers had 130000 miles. She hasn't had any problems either. I am sad they are discontinuing these cars

Favorite Features

I love the gas mileage for such a big vehicle, for mixed driving i get between 23-24 MPG. Highway I get between 27-28 MPG. That is amazing for a full size V-8 rear wheel drive vehicle. I love the comfort of the seats. Huge trunk and backseat. Quality of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Don't discontinue the Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand marquis. They are such great cars.

I absolutely love this vehicle.
By Luke

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this vehicle. I bought it from a good friend of the family. It only had 19,000 miles on it. I love this car a lot. It is the most comfortable car, seats are just amazing. Best ride ever, eats up the bumps and potholes excellent. Has a lot of power, never have trouble getting car up to speed. I also love the steering on this car, for such a big car, it handles amazing. Also the gas mileage just shocked me to death. For a full size rear wheel drive with a V-8, on the highway i get 27 mpg, mixed driving i get 23 mpg. The only thing I was worried about was driving it in the snow, but it doesn't handle that bad in the snow. I am only 20 years old. I'm shocked how much I like it.

Favorite Features

Looks, many consider the looks dated, but I think it looks very nice. The interior comfort and room. The trunk is so amazing. The all digital dash is sweet also. The radio and temperature controls on the steering wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really except standard dual exhaust.