1990 Ford Aerostar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
Still Going 20 years later
By 90Aerostar on 08/18/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

I love this van. I bought it new, and have driven it since then. It is comfortable and maneuverable, and has suited my needs. It has never failed to please me, in driving, in parking. I can use it for carrying people or lumber, as the back seats are easily removable.

I liked it.
By dawn on 06/10/05 11:09 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

But, you have to replace the transmission, I've had two Aerostars and had to replace the transmission in both of them, but otherwise, I really liked the van.

A Great Piece of Junk
By RustBucket88 on 01/07/05 16:09 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

What an indestructible piece of junk! It has 160,000 miles. It has rust through the body, none of the accessories work, the interior is torn up, the paint is peeling and the suspension is shot, but it just keeps going. It needed a new transmisson, but that was due to the previous owner's neglect. We drive it like we hate it. It needs a quart of oil every 500 miles and always needs coolant, but we maintain it and it keeps going. The only other items repaired were a broken brake caliper and door latch. This vehicle is used for dump runs, driving off road and is driven hard on the highway, but it keeps going. The gas mileage is terrible (less than 15 mpg), but it isn't driven economically.