Go Cummins Diesel
By Go Cummins on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
We needed a heavy tow rig with 4 wheel drive and economy. We have had the Dodge for over 3 years and 65K on it. No problems. Have upgraded rr suspension with supersprings, swaybar and ranchos, but we carry a 3k camper and tow a 3 horse trailer with draft horses, so we are 19k going down the road. We get 13 to 14 loaded and have done 23 empty. What i liked about the truck is it is set up well stock with big exhaust, nice alloy wheels, tow package, etc. so there was not a lot it needed. My stock tires went 58k, and I just did the ft. brakes at 62k. I run synthetic fluids all around. We plan on running the Dodge for a minimum 10 years at 20k per year, so we are right on plan and happy!!!
Favorite Features
Diesel power and longevity, economy. Limited slip stock, trip computer works well. Heat and a/c controls are good and easy to use. Towing mirrors are excellent when in use and easy to move back to normal. I like the flat floor option in the back and use it quite a bit.
Suggested Improvements
Pyrometer and transmission temp gauges and a brake controller should come with the towing package, or offer an upgraded tow package with those items. I would agree, those seats are a bit hard!