Used 2009 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Will never buy another dodge car again!
By Racheal Morrow

2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 dodge journey in August 2010 and in November 2010 is when all of the problem started. I was on the highway with my family and the car completely shut down on me and it would not start back up until it was placed on a flatbed being towed. Flash forward till 2013, my transfer case exploded on me and then in January 2015 my transfer case exploded a second time. In Feb. 2015 my drive shaft broke, and now in March 2015 my power train module has completely stop working. Called all of this in and the dodge warranty people was very rude and nasty to me. Since the end of January I have spent $6100 and still have a boat load more to spend. This shall be traded w/I the next week!

Favorite Features

There is none for me at this time.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge you need better customer service ppl and also need to look into your complaints.

RUN AWAY!!
By jtdupuis

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car brand new in 2009. I have had the transmission replaced once, I am on my third set of brakes and fourth set of tires. I just ate the cost to replace the motor mount, and now I am having problems with the starter. Needless to say, I will never ever ever ever by a Chrysler-brand vehicle again. I can understand having a finnicky vehicle, but this is too much. Almost $6,500 in repairs and maintenance in 5 years...mostly repairs. I'll never buy Dodge again.

2009 Dodge Journey Complaint and Fixture
By lo64

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2009 Dodge Journey SE was having problems starting. It got to the point that it stopped starting all together. I had the battery replaced and that worked for a while. I finally found a shop that diagnosed the problem and they replaced the: Power Integrated Distribution Module RL692302-AE. They got the part from the Dodge Dealer which cost me $919.00. but it was worth it to get this problem solved. This have solved my problem with my Journey starting. I just wanted to let others know what the problem was for me. maybe this will help someone else. Happy and riding again.

Run. Run hard, run fast.
By gxbrxnth

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a nightmare. Overheating, electrical issues, I swear this car has a mind of it's own. It chugs gas, eats brakes, decides if it wants to accelerate or not, and what is so bad about downshifting? You have to jam the gas pedal into the floorboard, and maybe then (and that's a very strong maybe) it will start to pick up speed. I am not sure what I'll have to do to get out of this car, but at this point, any risk is worth it.

Favorite Features

lol

Suggested Improvements

Gasoline and a match.

Everything that could go wrong, will!!!!
By mommaturkey

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Journey SXT in July 2008 and have had problems ever since. I have wierd noises coming from the back by the exhaust pipes, the car will not start sometimes until I move the shifter in and out of park, the brakes are horrible (having to replace them every 12,000 miles or so) and now the sound I had in the front is now a blown out motor mount. This car has been to the dealers so many times and they could never figure out any of the problems. Once it is paid for, I am selling it!! No more "US" made cars for me!! Oh and I get shocked every time I get in and out of the car!!

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, the name

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, electrical