Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

transmission
By henke009

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

after 9000 km the transmission bearing is gone, my first dodge in my life and definitly last one, too much hasle, because of the brand new car............???

I think I found something special here
By Mike C.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a minivan that would easily carry my family and occasionally friends as well as packages. For me, car shopping takes a while, I test-drove all of them before making my decision. This Dodge was perfect for my needs and current incentives also were a big help. I test drove 3 trim levels, each with different engine configuration. Bottom line, if you are looking for value and you don't care about acceleration, take the base 3.3L engine. It's fine for the needs. 4.0L engine simply rocks, if you can spend an extra $2k, get that and never look back, it's that good. Another thing, gas mileage is better with bigger engine. So, you can potentially save money down the road.

Favorite Features

4.0L Engine, stow-n-go seats, lots of room, great look (did you notice critics were all over Dodge for having this car look boxy, yet newly redesigned Sienna now looks boxy as well and critics are nowhere to be found? Hmm Electric doors, gas pedal is adjustable, very good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see memory button to save seat position. It would be nice to change green readouts to other colors such as amber or blue.

Hidden gem that may not be so hidden
By Jeff K.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 1 year of driving 09' Dodge Grand Caravan SE, I was ready to move up to SXT trim. Base engine was too weak and 4-speed AT just couldn't get into right gear, especially at low speeds. This probably contributed to higher than expected fuel consumption as most of my driving is in the city. If you need to get from point A to point B, then base engine will do. But, if you are a spirited driver like me, skip all the engine choices and just go with 4.0L. You will not regret it. Let me tell you: this car drives completely differently. The car accelerates effortlessly. Yes, upgrade to SXT trim will cost you more but with current incentives, the '10 SXT costs less than what I paid for '09 SE.

Favorite Features

Smooth 4.0L engine with 6AT. Stow-n-go seats. The vehicle is very roomy and can be converted to cargo just by folding back seats into floor in seconds. I test-drove Sienna, Odyssey and Sedona and none matched the performance of Grand Caravan. MPH is better in SXT vs. SE in stop-n-go traffic.

Suggested Improvements

Power windows button is too far in, push the assembly back by 2 inches. More color choices. Current choice now includes Titanium, it needs more colors. Also, I'd like to be able to change dashboard color to other than green. Currently, it looks outdated. Dodge: take a page out of Ford.

Bad Fuel Economy
By DK

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the van is pretty nice. An issue with two kids in car seats in the middle row is, they don't have any place to put their things, like toys or such. they are in the bucket seats. I suppose the back row might be more feasible but then you can reach them from the front (hand them something). Handling, acceleration, etc, driving experience is great. First time owning/driving a caravan and this 2010 is nice; almost like a SUV. My biggest complaint thus far, after 1800miles, is the fuel mileage. 14 MPG in the city, driving ultra conservative w/ A/C (of course now it is showing 12 mpg). On long trip (300 miles) about 19-20. I'm thinking something is amiss here. This BLOWS.

Favorite Features

The NAV system, dual DVD system (great for the kids, it's now quiet driving), all the extra room, up high compared to cars.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

Great Van
By Sgt Rich

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought A 2010 SXT w/ 4.0L in May, no long road trips yet but we get about 27 mpg on hwy and 17 mpg in town, not bad. Noticed a few weeks after we bought it a rattling noise coming from the driver sliding door, brought it to a local dealership, they couldn't find anything wrong, on the drive home the rattling stopped, haven't heard it since, strange. Have the Uconnect with two Video Entertainment systems, lifesaver with a two year old on longer drives. Easy to use controls(A/C, Cruise If your in the market for a this minivan, don't bother with the lower end models, its like a different vehicle stepping up to the SXT.

Favorite Features

touchscreen video controls, two dvd players, auto doors (with remote), stow and go seating makes it into a pickup truck bed (I've already used it for garage sale items, and donations)

Suggested Improvements

AWD model, floormats designed for the stow and go seating arrangement to cover when seats are folded down (probably gonna make/install my own)