Used 2012 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great SUV!! You dont need a minivan guys!!!
By flash9884

2012 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2007 Ford Explorer fully loaded, loved it except for horrid fuel mileage from a weak V-6, i found out me and my wife were expecting twins and it was time to get a vehicle with a third row. We bought our bright red Durango R/T with the 5.7 litre V-8. This SUV is big and its crazy fast!! Catchs all the looks and gets alot of compliments. Great stereo! Plenty of power passing or merging on the highway. Even smoking some young punk in his V-6 mustang or the guy next to you at the stoplight in his truck ;-) Every feature you could ask for, four heated bucket seats, and a third row that folds revealing a ton of hauling space. Get this guys, not a minivan!

Favorite Features

Big power, awesome sound, and decent mileage out of the big V-8. Optional upgraded stereo is phenominal with a factory ten inch subwoofer and a ton of quality speakers. Love the heated front and rear seats. AWD is amazing in the deep snow of North Dakota. Tons of storage space. Great exhaust notes!! Very comfortable vehicle for long rides, i rode from ND to SC and back and never got sick of the ride! Remote start a great feature and 120volt household plugin is so great for pluggin in computers and whatever goodies you may want!!

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see an SRT-8 model with the 6.4 litre hemi. Can never have to much power and speed ;-)

DODGE DURANGO 2012
By dmcc81

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just rescently purchased a dodge durango 2012 about a month ago, being my 5th new vehicule from dodge, chrysler and jeep products since the last 15 years. I've always loved dodge products but this new durango really surpasses all my expectations. From performance, comfort, cargo space, looks, it's a beauty. Only a month and I love this truck more and more, only remains to try it in the snow. Great fuel economy versus the power it has and gives. So far, two thumbs up for a well built truck and hoping for many many more to come.

Favorite Features

All of it, the truck itself. From cargo space, plenty space from front to back Security features, more than enough for a family Comfort,very well seated even in the 2nd and 3rd rows too. Great fuel economy versus power Great response of the engine on demand, wow when it kicks in. Esthetics, it just looks great with it's new curves.

Suggested Improvements

Didn't even think of that yet, maybe in the time to come. For now, i'm just enjoying my new truck. Oh yeah!!!

Love this SUV!
By headshrink

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 10 months now and I am still loving it. It handles like a car, can take on the light offroading that I enjoy, can haul the entire car pool to school and looks great. What else can you aske for? Well, better gas mileage would be about it. Build quality has been outstanding thus far, much better than I had anticipated for a Chrysler product. Friends of mine who have bought the Jeep Grand Cherokee are wishing they had the durango because it is about the same suv but with mor cargo/seating.

Favorite Features

Looks Comfort Handling Build quality

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Supposed to improve with the 8 speed.

My Old Sequoia Had to Go
By docsider

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Sadly, our family traded in the old Sequoia, shedding crodile tears--the new Sequoias looked like they had a front end from a dump truck. Our 2012 AWD 5.7L Citadel is wicked cool! Fit and finsh is great, there are so many whistles and bells, I'm still finding cool things. The 5.7L Hemi is everything everyone said it is--including thirsty. I was initially a little leery about buying a Dodge, but nothing else that I looked at compared to the capacity, looks, performance and value. I used the employee discount program through my work, so there was no hassle on the purchase price. Can't wait to see how this thing drives in the snow this winter.

Favorite Features

Fit and finish is superb. Enterior is roooomy. The power in the engine just keeps coming. I have no doubt it'll have no problem towing my 22ft Catalina sailboat. Definitely like the rumble of that Hemi! There are an unbelievable number of whistles and bells on the well equipped Citadel. I'm still discovering new things. I particularly enjoy the navigation/entertainment system with back-up camera, the side warning feature in the side mirrors and the adaptive cruise control. Stereo is great!

Suggested Improvements

This thing will melt your credit card on the fuel side of the equation.

love this car
By dipetlover

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2012 dodge durango, after much consideration. This is the 1st suv/crossover i have owned, and I love it. It is fun to drive, handles like a dream, u-turns on a dime, and has enough room for my 2 grandsons age 7 & 8, and my daughter that has 2 toddlers in car seats. I had considered the Honda Pilot, the Ford Explorer and the GMC Acadia. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Favorite Features

I love the Keyless remote start, touchscreen radio, parking sensor, backup camera is really cool, digital readouts on dash that can be customized to your liking.