2012 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Repeat Durango Customer!
By joe90278 on 07/12/12 22:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am completely satisfied with my 2012 Dodge Durango. I got the SXT V6 model with RWD. The comfort level, design and luxurious feel of the 2012 Durango are really amazing even on this entry level SXT model. The performance from the 290hp 3.6L V6 motor is more than adequate. It hauls my family of 4 and all our gear with plenty of sure footed power. Granted it not going to have that knock your socks off power, but for those who are looking for that or those who complain the V6 is lackingÂ…Dodge does offer the Durango in a 5.8L Hemi V8 that should do the job. Anyway, I knew what I was looking for in ride, comfort, and power. And I found it in this 2012 Dodge Durango SXT!

Durango vs Lincoln
By waaman on 07/08/12 10:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a Lincoln Aviator for 9yrs. I tried to find something that compared to the Aviator but nothing came close to the Durango 2012. If anyone drives on I-95 in New England this vehicle gives you power and handling which makes you feel very safe . When I drive this vehicle I feel like kid again. I drove muscle cars in the 60's & 70's and I feel like I am back there again.

3.6 V6 isn't fooling anyone....
By joe_e on 06/23/12 19:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is slow. It's very, very slow. If you have a situation where you need to get into traffic, This vehicle will NOT get you there. It seems like it has to downshift 2x to get to a passing gear, then the engine will wind up to astonishing RPM's before it finally kicks up in speed. A Standing 0-60 is so unbelievably slow, I worry about merging onto the interstate. It's not fun to drive, it's terrifying. The vehicle feels very good. The drivers seat hits me a little close on the back of the legs, somehow making my feet fall asleep, but nothing a seatcover won't cure. It looks very nice, interior is set up pretty well. Stock Stereo is vile, and should be destroyed.

Never thought I'd be back in a Dodge.
By josm on 06/18/12 21:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After a couple of foreign cars I'm back in a dodge and my first SUV. We traded a mazda 5 for this as we had a third kid recently and the 5 (although great) was just too small. The Durango is a beautiful machine, it's well made and drives very well. My biggest surprise is the mpgs. I've only had it a few days but I'm consistently getting 18-19 mpgs in the city. Also on a hilly drive home from the dealership in Jefferson City MO to Columbia MO I averaged 25.4 mpgs. Both these numbers beat our minivan. Our little mazda 5 only got 22 not mater where or how I drove it. Just keep that rev counter in the green zone and you'll match me easily.

Great SUV all around
By bricker23 on 06/14/12 19:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After several years of driving multiple imported SUVs this is our first ever Chrysler product. After three months and 3,000+ miles this has proven to be an excellent vehicle. No problems or even minor issues to report, the build quality is excellent so are fit and finish. It feels and drives most solid and upmarket with details well thought out, all functionality in place and very surprising interior quality. After reading questionable reviews about the 5 spd transmission and slow acceleration I have no issues with either, this is a large and heavy SUV but the transmission performs well in everyday driving and the acceleration, both off the line and passing, is more than adequate.

Traded my Acura for this and LOVE it!
By snowskier68 on 05/12/12 18:42 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2004 Acura MDX for this Dodge Durango Citadel and have no regrets whatsoever. This is my first-ever American made car and I am thoroughly impressed. First, it looks so fantastic that I'm thrilled to walk up to and get into it every time. Once inside, I'm greeted with comfortable seats and every amenity I've ever imagined. It feels truly luxurious and I feel pampered. Third row is spacious enough, second row is great, cargo capacity is wonderful. The ride is smooth and quiet on the 20" tires. One small complaint: steering wheel makes a slight rattling sound at low speeds. It's somewhat annoying so I will have that checked next time I visit the dealer. I have put 3,000 miles on it.

Dodges Sport car SUV!
By metro12 on 02/19/12 13:41 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2012 Durango AWD RT for just over a month now. I love it! The Durango is my fun car, I drive a milktoast 2011 impala for to and from work. So, it makes it a bit difficult to keep off the gas when I'm out in the Durango. The gas mileage for the Hemi is what would be expected. We are on "winter gas", so comparing to the difference I experience with my other cars, I would expect 17mpg average in the summer season. The SUV moves when you stomp on it, handles great in the snow, and has plenty of passenger room. As with any 3rd row SUV, adults will have a bit of difficulty getting in the 3rd row.

Add to your short list of med sized SUVs
By willmilw on 02/07/12 13:58 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased the 2012 R/T just a little over one week ago and absolutely love the handling, styling and interior quality and amenities My mandatory prerequisites were towing capacity, AWD (darn WI inters) usable third row seat, rear camera (have two dogs who love to hide behind my vehicle), good handling and looks. I did wanted an aggressive looking ride with contemporary styling. I did my homework and the Durango came out on top compared to the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander.

Love it
By kallionus on 12/09/11 07:39 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned the vehicle for just over 2 months and we love it. Dodge finally paid attention to details on the interior. The leather is top quality, steering wheel feels great, wood trim is quality and does not look like cheap stick on wood, perfect ambient lighting (cupholders, doorhandles etc...), Nav with Garmin is on point. We drive a lot and freeway we average from 23-24 mpg. Nice size gas tank so we can drive 500 miles on one tank. Personally speaking, I love driving the car. Ride is great. I think it is a smoother ride than an A6 I owned a few years ago. I would consider this vehicle without question

Hhhmmmmm...
By gib21043 on 12/08/11 19:03 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have purhcased a 2012 Dodge Durango. The car I purchased made it about 9 miles before it was broken. It has taken the dealership nearly two weeks to repair. After 2 weeks of arguing with various people to get the issue resolved and being promised a replacement car they managed to fix mine. When I left the dealership the odometer had 56 miles on it (this is not a typo), by the time I got it back it had 75 miles on it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Durango Suv in WA is:

$149 per month*