Used 2007 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Beauty AND the Beast
By Tony

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the R/T with 33,000km, so far, did 2 oil changes at the dealer, the car is amazingly quiet and comfortable on the highway, Chrysler did a good job air-sealing this beast. Even on local roads when idling, you can barely hear that the engine is running. i get 8 L/100 km on the highway and about 15 L/100 km local, every time i fill it i get an average displayed around 13 L/100 km, now remember I drive agressively, so it's higher than regular. I did quite a bit of research before purchasing, and it's the best purchase i've ever made in my life!

20 inch factory rims really grabs attention, the throaty mufflers are a bonus. 5.7 L engine that sounds like a corolla on the highway, but a corvette on local.

touchscreen navi would be good, bigger screen would be good, rear-view mirror could be closer to the cabin, rear-view camera would be very helpful when backing up.

Still in Love after 18 months.
By Steve

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving my SRT8 Charger everyday for over a year now and I am still in love with this car. I am retired and do not have to drive, but if I look at my car I want to take it for a ride. The gas prices stopped that desire for a while so I learned how to drive the speed limit. The car is still jumpy as ever and if not for the brake dust, and the fact that the Goodyear RSA's lasted a good year/18 months, I would have no complaints.

Mean looking front end/scoop. The incredible power and adjustable ESP. The fact that you get a free SRT Track Experience with purchase. Great day of driving.

Tires. The 245/45/20's are hard to find in the aftermarket. Less brake dust.

Will not buy another
By Jose

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive but is expensive to maintain after 40,000 miles. Fans go out and transmission has problems. Things that you should not have problems with at this mileage are failing. I had a 95 Chevy Impala SS that did not cost as much to maintain and I kept it until 125,000 miles. If looking to buy just remember it is a "DODGE".

50k miles of awesome
By 50 k miles SE

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

1 year ago when I first bought my 2007 Charger SE, used with 18k miles on it, I was driving 100 miles a day. Now its been 50k miles. I have loved driving it for every minute. My one complaint: I think I've started to hear a tiny squeak in the passenger compartment. It's the bare-bones model with the 2.7 L engine, so I get fantastic gas mileage. The only repairs have been the front wheels and suspension after a blow-out.

Great gas mileage, smooth ride, lots of room, comparatively cheap.

Greater visibility. A pillars have made it hard to see pedestrians at times.

RT with R/T Sports Package
By CallMeTheBreeze

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I get roughly 19.5 City and 26 Highway with the MDS. The car is quiet, smooth riding and very comfortable ( 6'2 , 240 )while cruising and very agile, throaty when accelerating. Dependability has been excellent thus far with 30k. The steering, seating and pedal adjustments are great for the long haul road trips. I have a 1970 Charger R/T show car and I get many compliments on the 1970 when out and about yet I also get a lot of positive comments while driving the 07.

Agility for such a big car and the comfort/quiet ride for a muscle car. Great balance achieved.

Would have preferred Dodge stuck with the original 2004/2005 Concept Charger. Boy!!... was that a head turner and it took heavy styling queues from the original 68-70 body styles of which the current car does not.