Used 2007 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Will not buy another
By Jose

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive but is expensive to maintain after 40,000 miles. Fans go out and transmission has problems. Things that you should not have problems with at this mileage are failing. I had a 95 Chevy Impala SS that did not cost as much to maintain and I kept it until 125,000 miles. If looking to buy just remember it is a "DODGE".

50k miles of awesome
By 50 k miles SE

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

1 year ago when I first bought my 2007 Charger SE, used with 18k miles on it, I was driving 100 miles a day. Now its been 50k miles. I have loved driving it for every minute. My one complaint: I think I've started to hear a tiny squeak in the passenger compartment. It's the bare-bones model with the 2.7 L engine, so I get fantastic gas mileage. The only repairs have been the front wheels and suspension after a blow-out.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, smooth ride, lots of room, comparatively cheap.

Suggested Improvements

Greater visibility. A pillars have made it hard to see pedestrians at times.

RT with R/T Sports Package
By CallMeTheBreeze

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I get roughly 19.5 City and 26 Highway with the MDS. The car is quiet, smooth riding and very comfortable ( 6'2 , 240 )while cruising and very agile, throaty when accelerating. Dependability has been excellent thus far with 30k. The steering, seating and pedal adjustments are great for the long haul road trips. I have a 1970 Charger R/T show car and I get many compliments on the 1970 when out and about yet I also get a lot of positive comments while driving the 07.

Favorite Features

Agility for such a big car and the comfort/quiet ride for a muscle car. Great balance achieved.

Suggested Improvements

Would have preferred Dodge stuck with the original 2004/2005 Concept Charger. Boy!!... was that a head turner and it took heavy styling queues from the original 68-70 body styles of which the current car does not.

Just Purchased
By Bruce

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2007 Dodge Carger R/T. It rides and drives like a dream. I can set cruise at 75 mph and it feels like I'm floating. The handling could be better I've made the rear end dance around a sharp corner with esp on. I did a rolling start at 15 mph on an onramp by the end of the ramp I was at 105 mph. That 390 ft pound of torque pushes you back in the seat and shoots off the line like a slingshot. I love how quiet it is when you are driving normal, but when you nail it it's like music to my ears with the exhaust note. All in All I am very impressed with the Charger R/T. I would suggest to anyone who love quick cars to buy one.

Favorite Features

The Boston Acoustic stereo. Of course the 5.7 Hemi. The MDS feature was a selling point for me, due to traveling a lot. The "Auto Stick" is a fun feature.

Suggested Improvements

I would have to say handling around corners. Have the the "Auto Stick" feature on the side or below drive that way if the driver bumps it it doesn't go into manual mode unexpectedly.

It handles extreme climates!
By zman

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 3.5 SE brand new from the dealership after an amazing test drive! It has the basic package but that was my choice. I'm 26 years old, 6'4" high and 300 lbs heavy, I reside in the UAE, where temps reach up to 122 (50 c) in the shade, and humidity up to 100% and my Charger has no trouble handling all that. Had it for a year now and no troubles what so ever... great value for money and the a/c unit is absolutely fantastic, it cools down the interior within minutes Very comfortable, visibility is great despite thick A and C pillars, cos the mirrors cover it all. I've driven lots of cars (Saab, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, BMW) and none of them matches the performance of my 3.6 V6 Charger

Favorite Features

A/T transmission, A/C, Spacious interior,

Suggested Improvements

The plastic interior feels cheap, but it's surprisingly durable, better sound system is always welcome!