2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
LOTS OF OPTIONS, BUT LACKS DETAIL
By PRUDGRL on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

LOVE MY VAN, BUT GM COULD IMPROVE THE SECOND ROW BY MAKING THE MIDDLE SEAT EASIER TO FLIP FORWARD WITH A LATCH SIMILAR TO THE SIDE SEATS AND BY MAKING THE WINDOWS OPEN IN THE REAR TO WHERE YOU ACTUALLY GET AIR. THE ENGINE START UP SEEMS WEAK. TURNS OVER A LOT THEN FINALLY STARTS. DVD PLAYER SOULD WORK WITH OUT NEEDING THE REMOTE AND SHOULD BE LOCATED IN THE REAR SO THE KIDS CAN INSERT DISC IN STEAD OF THE DRIVER.

So for so good
By dave_hill3 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So far nothing has gone wrong. We have taken it on several trips, the kids like the dvd. I got the towing package but I have not used it much yet. I think it will be for short travel towing trips.

Total Rear End Collision
By crash dummy on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We loved our Chevy Venture EXT. van..that is until we were hit in a rear end collision!!! What should have been minor damage, totaled our van and caused injury to our family. The body shop man expressed to me, knowing we would be in the market for a new vehicle, DON'T BUY A VENTURE!!! He has more Ventures in for minor repairs that turn out to be major headaches for the owners. I have spoke to some other Body shops and have been told the same thing. Our van died of it's injuries, that is ok..I just don't want anyone to die of their injuries from a collision in the Venture.

Great Van
By dclamberton on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It was time to buy a family wagon when my wife and I had our second child and the Venture was our choice. The engine has good acceleration, the ride is quiet and smooth, and its easy to park. The fold flat rear seat and, power sliding side door are useful when loading. I like the air pump and auto leveling suspension as well as all the other convenience features. Its just an all around great van, we love it.

great van
By doom on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

very fun to drive, has much better ride than the dodge or ford mini vans.

love it
By jennifer liedel on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i love my van i am so comfertable in it my kids absolutly love it also i have so much room to put things in it and it can get up and go. our gas milage is wonderful we get about 24 miles to the gallon. i would buy another one again.

Venture is a bargain!
By Illinois_Steven on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I narrowed my choices to this vehicle and the Honda. The Honda dealer was arrogant, and let me know that there was absolutely no room to negotiate. The Chevy people were very courteous, and rated about an 8/10. We have enjoyed the Venture, especially some of the features we really didn't expect.

Good Van
By Brian McI on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Good allround van. Paint could be a lot better ...too hard and chips TOOOOO easly

Great Van
By Ryder's Van on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great Van. Kids love and and so do we.

Handles and rides well with good techs
By csc881 on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Handles well and rides smoothly. Steering is precise.4 wheel disc brakes are excellent.Engine has good acceleration for passing and adequate for a minivan. Engine whirs when climbing grades. Ride is smooth and quiet except on very rough roads. Seats are comfortable. The three middle row captain are useful. Flexible seats are very adjustable. Integrated radio, CD and DVD system is well designed. The dual power doors work well. Good backup warning system .The auto leveling suspension works. Has air pump and hose for pumping things. Combined gas mileage is about 22.5. City between 13-19 and highway between 22-28.