Used 2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Great vehicle
By Jim F.

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been one of (if not THE) best vehicles I have ever owned. All controls and gauges are handy and accurate. The built-in tire inflater is wonderful. Acceleration is good and mileage is as good as can be expected for a vehicle this size. The rear compartment is very roomy with the seats folded up.

Favorite Features

Visibility. Seat comfort. Handling with touring package is great, loaded or empty.

Suggested Improvements

Ride is stiff with touring package. No indicator light that tells you are in cruise. Sliding power door not very reliable

Nice Van - Gaskets stink
By Lorne

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Typical thing with GM vehicles I have ever purchased. Always something wrong that is notorious with it. Rear disc brakes seizing in the early 90's cars. Now with this engine the head hasket and/or intake gasket is crap. Seems everyone has this problem. But GM won't fix it. No wonder people are buying foreign. I would love to stay domestic, but I can't afford the $3000 repair bills on something they know is a problem. This problem really takes away a comfortable van with lots of room and good gas economy.

Favorite Features

Bucket seats and lots of room

Suggested Improvements

Stand by your vehicle. Use proven build techniques. Don't hide routine maintenance parts where no one can get at it. Ie. spark plugs & wires.

Dissapointing
By Mark

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nice van, but a royal piece of garbage, GM made a serious design flaw in its intake manifold gasket, admitting fault but refusing to look after its customers. I now have engine damage on an otherwise good vehicle.GM made a serious mistake here, this is my first and last GM product. Based strictly on GM NOT standing behind their product. I have had a much better experience with Chrysler, and should have stuck with them. Lesson here GM is in huge financial trouble, why because people are purchasing vehicules from manufacturers that stand behind them.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

None

Love my Venture!
By imokru

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses this van to drive back and forth to work, in Lake Michigan shoreline driving conditions, and loves it. We also take it all over the United States in the summer (we are both teachers). It has performed like a champ. We have crossed the deserts of Arizona and New Mexico, climbed the Rocky Mountains, and cruized the Great Lakes region extensively. We love this van, and will be sorry to let it go when we finally wear it out and beat it to death (we have kids).

Favorite Features

Doors on both sides to access our kids. Rear air and heat. Tons of cargo space. (All rear seats are removalbe - I can haul 4x8 sheets of drywall, OSB, you name it. Rain or shine-try that with your pickup truck or SUV!

Suggested Improvements

The Pontiac version looks sexier than the Chevy

Not sure what to think
By str8stack71

2002 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is very family friendly. Roomy interior, good gas mileage, lots of storage spaces. However, this is my first Chevy I have owned. In four years the engine continually loses coolant, the fan motor and switch on heat/ac controls has broken. The glovebox hinge has broken. Instead of having the typical plastic hinges, this van has one solid piece of plastic that runs the length of the bottom of the glovebox and after opening the glove box from time to time the plastic hinge has broken. It reminds me of taking a credit card and bending it in half until it breaks.

Favorite Features

I love the overhead controls, power side doors, storage box under passenger seat, and multiple cup holders. OnStar is a nice option on this vehicle. Built in child seats are wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior would be nice along with a console between front seats. stow and go storage would be a plus also. Back seats could use some comfort measures also. Stiff and rigid back seats... kids dont seem to mind.... but they are not the most comfortable for adults.