2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
WOW
By ULTIMATE REVIEWER on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was a proud Ford Expedition driver for many years. I have been working in the Automobile industry for more than five years and after driving the new 03 Tahoe, I can easily say that it stands in a class by itself. The 4x4 system is by far superior to the expedition. (And yes I have driven the 2003, I just traded it in for the 2003 Tahoe) Very impressed with the vehicle.

As the add says, "LIKE A ROCK"
By jenga on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe blows away the competition (Expedition, Landcruiser, etc. with their wimpy 230hp engines). The 5.3L engine is a MUST have over the standard 4.8. Interior qualities and features are very adequate regardless of "spotty build quality" often described by J.D. Power and other groups - what do they expect? It's a TRUCK for cryin' out loud! My 1st ever large vehicle/SUV and I'm committed for life as long as Chevy maintains their quality standard. Hats off to "MOTOR CITY" for a job well done!

Better gas mileage
By Shari W on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After owning 3 Suburbans over 20 years, we decided to downsize now that the kids are grown. The Tahoe is a great, dependable vehicle and much easier to park than the Suburbans were. I still have all of the cargo room behind the second seat and have enjoyed the ride and feel of the vehicle very much. Just did not expect to pay MORE for the Tahoe than any other Suburban we ever had!

Excellent SUV
By skay on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Working for a car dealership that does not sell 7 passenger vehicles, I searched Hi and Low and compared all 7 passenger vehicles in the market. I decided on the Tahoe. It was priced resonably as opposed to some other manufactures. I couldn't be any happier with the decision that I have made.

Our First Chev
By LuvRZ71 on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We looked at almost all of the mid/full size SUVs before deciding on the Tahoe. The looks of the Tahoe distinguish it from the rest of the pack (especially in Z71 trim), and it's interior was *the* most comfortable of any vehicle we test drove. Our previous SUV was mid-size, but my wife and I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it has been to adapt to the larger Tahoe.

Not surprised!
By thdon on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Experience has been great. 16,000 and not one item for the dealer to fix. I do not care for the 3rd row of seats. I think they are unsafe and I wish I had not bought them.

My 2003 Tahoe
By greggars on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most enjoyable and fun vehicle that I have ever owned. I thought my 1990 Suburban was a great truck, but the Tahoe is even better.

Like a Roc-- Mashmallow
By Liza Coronel on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Uhhhh, great truck but it has a fatal flaw. A deal killer. Reason enough to check out the competition. In spite of many wonderful features as reported here before the Autoride makes this thing handle like it has a marshmallow suspension. It wobbles and wiggles like a hula dancer. GM says it is "normal" I call it "unacceptable".

Would rather walk than switch
By 4x4lover on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We've had 3 other Tahoe's and this one is the most impressive. Tahoe's ride and handle very well. Plenty of room for hauling cargo &/or grandkids.

Great vehicle
By Hornzfan on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love it! It hauls the kids and sometimes the in-laws. It pulls out tree stumps. It's easy to manuver, It pulls a jet-ski. It will hold 40 bags of mulch. If it was stolen today I'd buy another one in the morning!