2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Cheap interior surfaces again
By 71novaguy on 08/05/12 09:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 07 Silverado during the summer of 2007. Truck looked great with the z71, chrome, and desert brown metallic paint. Truck has proven reliable. No issues with the power train. The seats are comfy, and we use it for long trips and moving with my job. But, its not without issues. Had a water leak. Turned out to be the 3rd brake light. Stained the headliner and had to fight GM to fix. Has had a blown rear shock, annoying underhood vibration, and check engine light due to a crankshaft sensor connector loose (GM fixed all issues). Now the dash has cracked at 87,500 miles. GM knows its an issue (check youtube), but will not fix. Almost every dash cracks around the passenger airbag.

Good truck but some things got to change
By dustin on 04/18/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 2.5 years since new and I really do love my truck, it runs great and looks great and is comfortable and fun to drive. Plenty of power. Unfortunately there are just some things you don't think about when test driving. The select cloth seats collect lint like crazy, Why in the world would GM use this material. The basic speakers are not very good at all,rattle even at a low volume. Gas mileage is horrible when towing, pulls like a champ though. Had rear main seal replaced at 25k and rotors turned at 35k. side moldings starting to peel off at 45k, Overall I think its a great truck, and I use it like a truck.

I fully recommend the new Silverado
By Dave on 03/30/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

My last Silverado was a 1999 (204k), I drove it for over 10 years so it took a while to embrace this one. I have the 5.3 flex and the power is great. I don't haul any big loads but when I go to pass the power is there. Before I bought, I looked at them all and still came back to the Silverado. If I took it easy I could easily get 20 mpg but I have found that I enjoy the power so 17.5 is normal for me. I get a little noise from the 'fresh air' doors and the OEM tires are gone at 40k, but I can say that I have no other complaints. Bottom line is I love it and would recommend it.

Biggest piece of junk I ever bought
By Ben on 02/28/10 09:00 AM (PST)

I have had nothing but problems with this truck since I bought it. Side door strips keep coming off. Had a oil leak at 27000 miles rear main seal went out had to be replaced. When the dealership replaced the rear main seal they tore the transmission seal then had a transmission fluid leak. That was covered under warranty at least. At 37000 miles the rack and pinion went out and GM wound not help pay for it to be fixed cost me 750 dollars to get fixed. Just recently changed my oil and noticed a white milky substance that came out of the oil pan first. Just checked the oil yesterday and noticed the same substance on the dip stick which wound b coolant in my oil. I hope GM will help.

Love it
By GMan on 01/16/10 14:12 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had no problems and if history repeats, as with all other GM products I have owned, I will not have any issues. I get better than average combined fuel economy, last tank was 20.5 mpg and the lowest was 17.5, on highway trip I have gotten 24.3 before. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and now, my daughter now claims it as hers.

I'm Keeping Mine
By bret on 01/14/10 19:02 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a deal on mine because it was the last 2007 on the lot. It is fully loaded and it's really a luxury truck. The LTZ model has a great interior. I have to park outside and let me tell you having remote start with heated seats is da bomb during winter. I won't own another vehicle that doesn't have it. I got the standard bed size and have moved twice with it. Very roomy even though I put a half-height truck box in the front. The Bose stero is kickin', and I had an aftermarket iPod adapter wired in that is a must have for audiophiles. The truck rides great, you sit really high up, and most important of all, you feel real safe out there on a street full of idiots.

review for edmunds
By john on 12/28/09 17:47 PM (PST)

12000 miles drive everyday to work have had wheels rotated and 2 oil changes so far no problems. have leather opted for remote start should have gotten the heated seats. wife don't drive it because she says its to long, I'm use to it by now. has been a great truck so far no problems.

Overall - Great Truck
By Chuck on 12/17/09 12:31 PM (PST)

We bought it new planning to occasionally tow our travel trailer. We have the 6.0L engine, 4WD Z71 package, locking diff, towing pkg. We have gotten up to 21 mpg on the high plains and some mountains at posted speed limits. We have the 3.73 rear axle, but should have gotten the 4.10 for towing our 5800# trailer, especially in the mountains. Only disappointment is the mpg towing; usually 8 to 9.5 mpg. The 6-speed tranny would have helped in the mountains but wasn't available in '07.

Great Truck Overall...Love It !
By AlanDaleJr on 07/16/09 17:17 PM (PDT)

Have NO problems with this truck, except for one. Goodyear tires it came with OEM, are a death threat to who ever is in the truck when ground is wet. I would like to see the CEO of goodyear drive with them on wet ground STAY AWAY from these tires, change them ASAP if you have them. I put General Grabbers on 200% better.

Going to Toyota
By Matt on 04/12/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

74,000 km's and the transmission won't shift gears. I don't tow, I do not beat on it, I take very good care of it and this is how I am repaid. GM needs to put alot more thought into building a reliable truck. My last 2002 silverado was just as big a lemon. And to think I would give Chevy one more chance. I can't wait to see how much this one is going to cost; I'm sure GM will try to get out of the so called warranty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.