Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Cheap interior surfaces again
By 71novaguy

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 07 Silverado during the summer of 2007. Truck looked great with the z71, chrome, and desert brown metallic paint.
Truck has proven reliable. No issues with the power train. The seats are comfy, and we use it for long trips and moving with my job.
But, its not without issues. Had a water leak. Turned out to be the 3rd brake light. Stained the headliner and had to fight GM to fix. Has had a blown rear shock, annoying underhood vibration, and check engine light due to a crankshaft sensor connector loose (GM fixed all issues). Now the dash has cracked at 87,500 miles. GM knows its an issue (check youtube), but will not fix. Almost every dash cracks around the passenger airbag.

Seats are comfy. Truck rides and handles good. Factory tires lasted 65k. Mileage has been pretty good (18 mpg average). Dogs love the rear windows that roll down, and I still like that the rear doors flip 180.

Replace dash with one that will make it more than 5 years. Factory speakers won't last. Replaced mine within 4 years. They didn't blow, just stopped working. CD won't alway eject the first time. Fix the high frequency noise that happens when you use On-Star. I didn't renew because you could hear the high pitch noise when using it. Varies with engine RPM. Give the 4.8 the 6 speed trans. Engine lacks alot of power down low. 6 Speed would fix that easily.

Good truck but some things got to change
By dustin

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 2.5 years since new and I really do love my truck, it runs great and looks great and is comfortable and fun to drive. Plenty of power. Unfortunately there are just some things you don't think about when test driving. The select cloth seats collect lint like crazy, Why in the world would GM use this material. The basic speakers are not very good at all,rattle even at a low volume. Gas mileage is horrible when towing, pulls like a champ though. Had rear main seal replaced at 25k and rotors turned at 35k. side moldings starting to peel off at 45k, Overall I think its a great truck, and I use it like a truck.

looks, positive traction rear end, and 100k warranty

cloth that doesn't collect lint! Raise the 4X4 truck suspension especially in the front, sits uneven. Use better glue on body moldings. Use more insulation in the doors to cut down wind noise and rattles from speakers. Add Grab bar on the driver side. Make 6speed tranny standard!

I fully recommend the new Silverado
By Dave

My last Silverado was a 1999 (204k), I drove it for over 10 years so it took a while to embrace this one. I have the 5.3 flex and the power is great. I don't haul any big loads but when I go to pass the power is there. Before I bought, I looked at them all and still came back to the Silverado. If I took it easy I could easily get 20 mpg but I have found that I enjoy the power so 17.5 is normal for me. I get a little noise from the 'fresh air' doors and the OEM tires are gone at 40k, but I can say that I have no other complaints. Bottom line is I love it and would recommend it.

flex engine with power. Drops to 4cyl if power not needed. Funny to see it estimate 40mpg when i take it too easy.

The fuel warning says 'low' once it drops below a range of 50 (doesn't estimate miles past that). Not a great help.

Biggest piece of junk I ever bought
By Ben

I have had nothing but problems with this truck since I bought it. Side door strips keep coming off. Had a oil leak at 27000 miles rear main seal went out had to be replaced. When the dealership replaced the rear main seal they tore the transmission seal then had a transmission fluid leak. That was covered under warranty at least. At 37000 miles the rack and pinion went out and GM wound not help pay for it to be fixed cost me 750 dollars to get fixed. Just recently changed my oil and noticed a white milky substance that came out of the oil pan first. Just checked the oil yesterday and noticed the same substance on the dip stick which wound b coolant in my oil. I hope GM will help.

I like the new body style and the interior is pretty nice to. Great truck to tow with plenty of power. Other than those few things this is the biggest piece of junk I have ever bought. Considering going to a different make of truck.

Don't really have any suggestions for them but they need to help people with problems like I have had. They know they have problems but they just don't want to have to help fix them.

Love it
By GMan

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had no problems and if history repeats, as with all other GM products I have owned, I will not have any issues. I get better than average combined fuel economy, last tank was 20.5 mpg and the lowest was 17.5, on highway trip I have gotten 24.3 before. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and now, my daughter now claims it as hers.

I love the fuel economy, ONStar, XM, driver information center, remote start, the extra storage compartments, seat comfort and leg room, steering wheel controls, engine power, smooth ride....