2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Another lackluckster car from GM
By sebringdriver on 03/13/14 13:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Pro: It's large. Cons: Everything else. Aside from it's generic overall design, and terribly poor road handling, the Impala is very generic in both design and feel. Even with a fully loaded LTZ, I can't help but feel disappointed, and honestly a little embarrassed every time I drive this car. After all this IS used heavily as a fleet vehicle, and not only that, everyone seems to own one (why? I'll never know). Pulling this vehicle into a parking spot is near impossible on the first try- same with just about every oversized vehicle GM pumps out. Be prepared to feel every bump in the pavement too, as well as intense body lean in about every corner. Do yourself a favor don't buy this car

2nd Impala - Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By carloverinbr on 06/02/13 14:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is simply the best car I have ever owned. I bought my first Impala in 2008. It was brand new and a few years later I had a wild hair to get an expensive, premium European car. I kept that car for about a year because it was constantly at the dealer for repair under warrantly. I really missed my Impala so I got another one! The 2012's new engine and transmission is awesome. My car was a rental and got a great deal. If you read the professional reviews, they are almost always negative but I really believe that these cars are underappreciated. If you want a great value on a car that will give you years of trouble-free driving, check out the Impala. I now have 38k on the Impala.

Great car however
By hollandia on 04/02/13 14:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Decided to purchase the Impala from my local Chevy and Buick dealer. The car had 15,000 miles when purchased. The car was first put into service in Hawaii as a rental . When I turned the radio off I could hear a whistel or buzz from 2100 to about 3000 RPM. Turns out there is a service bulliten on the 3.6 for buzzing, humming or whisteling from 2000 to 4000 RPM, bulletin PIP4956A. This covers the replacement of the intake manifold. Just picked the car and and no more noise. All work was performed under warranty. I really do like the car and who can complain about 300+ HP on tap.

Could not ask for better value
By savantrep on 03/10/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my first LTZ- a 2012 model after searching high and low for that perfect mix of performance, comfort and style. This car has it all. The 302hp engine is awesome as well as the ample room (I'm a tall guy).

Excellent LTZ
By kmw8770 on 02/07/13 18:42 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Own a 2012 Impala LTZ loaded with every option. Solid build structure, very roomy, many features and great value. The fact that the 2012's & 13's have GM's new direct injected V6 engine and a six-speed auto make them that much better then the 11's. 302hp and on a trip back from southern PA to upstate NY averaged 30 mpg! Love the Bluetooth for phone, Bose sound system, XM satellite radio, heated seats etc. Love the car and plan on keeping it for a while, or at least until I can afford a 2014+ Impala LTZ.

Great Car!
By cj7123 on 11/26/12 11:31 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you need something to change in every year of a car, then this isn't the car for you. If however, you want a safe, comfortable and reliable car, this is it. It has many creature comforts from heated seats to satellite radio and sync. We are getting 30 mpg with the new engine and transmission! So, if you need "bling" you might want to look elsewhere, but if you want a strong, reliable car with descent gas mileage for thousands of dollars less that the other cars they compare the Impala to, look no further!

Great car for Much Less than Competitors
By jimmyjames76 on 10/30/12 10:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2012 Impala LT as a certified preowned car with 11k miles, so my review perspective is a little different than someone buying new. We looked at a lot of cars: Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu, Chrysler 200, etc. We liked this car the best. It rode and handled better, had more power, a larger interior and trunk, remote start, and by far the best pricing. So far it's been an amazing car. It's a great blend of comfort, size, performance, and economy. The cars Edmund's recommends instead of this car are MUCH more expensive for the same miles/year. Like $8-10k more. So yes, you could get a better car, but I don't believe you can for the money. This is an excellent car.

2012 Chevy Impala LT
By hmnijj on 03/16/12 23:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great long distance traveling car; just don't go up in the mountains. The car doesn't handle very well but thats were you get the smooth ride from. One thing Chevrolet definantly needs to work on is the transmission. The transmission takes a good second-second and a half to shift to the correct gear when your stepping on it. Once again, do not take this car in the mountains when theres only a two way road and you need to pass someone. You have to get used to it that the transmission will lag so you have to step on it a bit earlier. But once it gets into gear, it does pull pretty good. The car seems to be overpriced when compared to the Charger which is a better car.

A Perfect Car
By smoothoperater on 11/13/11 20:23 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 Impala is one of the best driving cars I have ever been in. It has plenty of power, rides very smooth and Handles great. The Onstar system gives more accurate directions than Cars with onscreen navigation systems. I drove a lot of vehicles including some imports before buying. The Impala rides and drives as good or better than them. No it doesnt have a fancy display screen but the Onstar system works better. It also is easier to get in and out of than smaller cars.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.