2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: Nice car, but...

2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

Nice car, but...
By cbeck3 on

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is attractive, but that's about it. GM made a poor engine choice with the 2.4l I4. Any attempt at acceleration will result in a whole lot of noise, and that's it. We started to have problems with the front end at around 30,000. It made a clunking noise whenever even the slightest bump was hit. The car was taken to the dealer at least five times with this, and they were never able to fix it. The seats weren't the most comfortable thing in the world, and it was impossible to use the sun visors because the windshield was so small. The wind deflector on the moonroof also broke. Also, the dash felt like it was made of cheap plastic. The car was recently traded for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.

Looks, sound system, cargo space

Build quality, weak front end, weak engine, gas mileage, road noise, and visibility.
By kenmo6
on 06/17/12 23:22 PM (PDT)

Mine is also making the clunking noise. My brother in law is a mechanic and diagnosed it, fortunately it won't cost much to fix (assuming he's correct in his diagnosis). That my car has fewer than 30,000 kms on it and does this is quite disappointing. I find other HHR owners are reporting the exact same problem. I hope your Cruze is doing better for you. I must say I'm pretty gun shy about getting another GM product after this, assuming I can get enough out of it for a down payment on something else...and I just paid this thing off too.

By cabecker01
on 05/21/15 20:50 PM (PDT)

Hey there. Same guy, different account. My mom has an '09 G5, it also has the obnoxious front end rattle. She too has had it in the dealer a lot of times. How is yours doing?