2004 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
A Good SUV
By Eric Green on 05/12/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The ZR2 suspension is the best I have used from a stock SUV. The vehicle has a slight tendency to oversteer on gravel or snow, but the base width lets you carry the slide an recover easily. The mileage for an SUV is average and the interior has some cheaply made plastic moldings, but just look at the exterior style. It is a great looking SUV. The 190 horses from the 4.3l V6 is not the greatest derived power from a modern internal comb. engine, but the gear ratio provides some awsome torque. For a 4850 lb vehicle it can pull just 150 lbs under its gross weight.

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS
By GemballaCaymanGTR400 on 04/04/06 16:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

So far no problems. Nice SUV. Excellent ride, performance, fuel economy. If you do the service when its supposed to be done then your blazer will last forever.For all you Blazer owners, just remeber these few words. Respect the Blazer. They have been making these great vehicles for about 50 years. Treat it like you would treat your child. I wash mine 4 days a week. bring it to the park 2 days a week. when she needs love i give it to her. she treats me well so I treat her well. she is my pride and joy.

Don't buy
By fran on 12/24/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased and as I was leaving the lot I found out it had no power! (windows, seats, doors)Cost $32,000. I had to have the brakes replaced at 1000 miles they were all rusted out. The rear seat I was told seats 3 accross. It seats 3 very small adults squished. It would seat 2 adults across. It has many blind spots, this surprised me because of how high it sits. It handles well on snow/ice in 4wd. this is not a on the fly switch however.

Should Have Been Better
By William Goulding on 11/05/05 11:41 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This Blazer 22000 miles on it. The grill bowtie bad had to be replaced the fuel tank over flow tube pinches replaced right front axle needed repair the rear window trim both left and right had to be replaced because of bad paint the water thermostat stuck open and needed to be replaced.

Super Blazer
By Eright on 07/25/05 11:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Blazer that I have owned. I found them to be reliable, and easy to maintain. I have had no major repair work, in fact other than an alternator on the other Blazer after 150,000 miles. Currently other than tires and general maintenance (oil changes, tires, wipers, there are no problems. What a super truck.

Surprisingly Good Truck
By Cori Martin on 01/10/05 00:33 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I got this truck almost 2 years ago and am still in love with it. I normally wouldn't buy a Chevy, but was taken by a black Trailblazer with chrome rims, on the car lot. I thought I was going to end up with it, but it drove like a station wagon (yuk)and was very uncomfortable. I took the Blazer ZR2 out and knew instantly it was the truck for me. This is a TOUGH truck! It is an absolute beast in the snow/rain. It's one of the pricier vehicles I've had, at $32,000. Sometimes I'm even shocked at the price when I think about this little American made truck, but it's definitely been well worth it.

Great Car for the money
By LP on 01/02/05 16:49 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Took the SUV on a mountain road with lots of snow. We were the first ones on the road. It was awesome. The car climbed the steeps very well and did a u- turn with ease. One the way down, the car geared down low enough so we didn't even need to use our brakes. What a fun car.

likeable
By asdfasdresdasdf on 11/11/04 10:09 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The only complaints I have are that the passenger in the front has a huge hump just in front of the seat where there feet go, and it is very distracting. The other complaint would be the gas mileage...ouchy

Blazer review
By Paul Wright on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this vehicle. It has run great and is very comfortable for an SUV.

I love my chevy blazer
By raymond ashcraft on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

this is the most comfortible ride that i have owned. we are very happy with our purchase. it is as close to a caddy in ride smoothness as i want. it is very stylish and durable.