2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
99 trail blazer 4x4 4.3 v6/atl ga.
By stephharner34 on 02/21/12 21:07 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

bought used at tax time,140k,no more explorers.im happy with my choice,ive had zero issues.i have noticed a lag in take off,although issue was cured when we drained trans fluid,and put on new filter..2/2012.i have the loaded edition,all leather,sunroof,tow package,power windows and locks.love the embroydted head rests and interior door logo. the big differance,ive noticed is it drives more like a car than a 4x4 truck..love it>>>>>>>>>>

Beware!
By jake118 on 11/17/11 11:19 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

These cars are great to use as stunt vehicles to be driven off a cliff and explode on impact. If there was a trophy for the junkiest cars on the market, these would be among the top competitors. I have owned 3 GM vehicles, and after going through numerous adventures I can honestly say that GM builds their cars specifically to break down in various places over and over again, so the owner would be obliged to have it fixed repeatedly. This probably keeps the gm business somewhat afloat through the money invested into parts and labor. for anyone who wants to avoid headaches and frustration, buy Japanese cars that have proven themselves Reliable, Efficient, and Long-lasting,you will be happier

Where do i begin....
By loby on 07/26/11 21:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my blazer in 2008, from the dealership, the gas gauge did not work. fixed. The first big investment was the intake gasket that went bad. It was replaced with a metal gasket, and shouldn't need replacing ever again. After that, it started acting very strangely...it would be going down the road, and start hesitating, or lose power suddenly. I went through and replaced plugs, wires, distributer cap and rotor, air filter, gas filter, battery, cat, and exhaust, the fuel pump sounds like it's screaming, it gets terrible gas mileage, and the front dash squeaks. So far to fix the hesitation issue, i've dumbed a bottle of sea foam in the gas tank, which has helped for now.

Blazer
By Baker on 07/16/10 10:23 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I had purchased my blazer, i needed the extra room, so i got it. This blazer has everything electronic, and leather seats. All the bells. My engine is the 4.3 V6 Vortec. Now i got to drive for two weeks. Then the intake gaskets went out, followed by the whole head. I had to purchase a new motor. Then the rear brakes went out. For those who have this model Blazer, watch out , because it is VERY common for these things to go out.

Expensive
By Jason on 05/31/10 12:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have to say I bought this car in April and I have had to replace a couple of minor things. Ac needed to be recharged. Pvc value replaced. Fuel filter. But these are small. Now need to do the rear diff. Flush radator and do a trans flush. Drives good. Family has plenty of room on road trips. Would like better gas mileage. A radio that worked. Outside of all that if you can get one at the right price it is a ok deal. 4wd still works. Have used to move a friend into a different apt and it moved all of his stuff fine. Lots of space . Seats fold down. Great for kids who play sports !

Worth owning but needs "Tweaks"
By Dave on 05/22/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Bought new in 2000. Been all over U.S. east of Miss. river on PGA since. Problems - Front seat recline handles break off, blind spot looking through small left rear window when turning left, AC Compressor weak (all GMs a problem with this), poor positioning of spare inside back left, exterior trim breaks down (plating on luggage rack, trim around rear windows, grill black trim, etc.), Stereo blows up around 30k locking the ignition and electrical. Overall a good ride though with good handling for a high riding SUV. Great acceleration (the V6 is mighty). Regular maintenance at 4000 miles gives you longevity. Would buy again.

Great, if you know what to look for...
By Joey on 03/20/10 13:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer used with 90K(kms) on it, and it's been a blast. This is my 5th Blazer/Jimmy, and they're great vehicles if you know what to look for. The following problems are a given after about 120k: ball joints, leaky oil lines, heater core, squeaky rear window, recliner handles will break off, door hinge bushings, and if not maintained properly, auto transmissions will probably go around 200k. If your vehicle still has Dex- cool in it (orange anti-freeze), I would highly recommend getting it flushed and replaced with the regular green stuff, and that may save you some headaches. The fuel economy is not great, but like most vehicles, maintain these properly and they'll treat you well.

Lotta issues but I still love it
By xray25 on 12/21/09 15:59 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This Blazer ZR2 was my first SUV, I loved it at first and still enjoy driving it, I just wish it was more reliable. I bought the truck with 111,000 and have put 63,000 on it. Trying to count the times it has left me out in the cold...I think at least 4 times. This truck has many issues. A rust hole I can stick my fist through, the gas gauge, CD player, seat handles, have never worked. I have replaced the catalytic converter, wheel bearings, intake gasket, PCV valve, alternator, radiator....the distributor corrodes so I must replace it every 6 months. More rattles than you can count on both feet....but a great backup vehicle nonetheless. Hate to sell it, Love me Blazer!

Love It!!
By AUSPOW on 11/16/09 11:15 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Blazer for a little over two years. 118,000 miles and still going strong. I love it, she has plenty of pep and is a very stylish SUV. Whenever I go anywhere my friends always want to take my Blazer. Have had some problems but for a 9 year old SUV, not too bad.

Beware of blazer
By jamel on 09/29/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I currently own a 2000 chevy blazer and I thought I had a very reliable truck, however the truck is currently in the shop for lower manifold replacement due to a leak, new fuel pump about 3 months ago,new rear brakes about 2 months ago,fuel filter about 1 month ago, replaced alternator about 6 mos after I got it! replaced rad and hose 3 days ago! the list goes on! How can I remain true to a company when I have to foot all the bills!I wonder if GM bigwigs are driving Chevys? probably not!