2007 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Long-term Evaluation
By calang1 on 12/30/13 04:35 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned this 2007 SRX AWD V-6 about 4-years. It now has 90K miles. The car has been very reliable, and we've only ever paid for routine maintenance. There are a few problems you should be aware of. (1) The engine consumes several qts. of oil between changes. (2) The build integrity is fair-poor, as evidenced by numerous squeaks and rattles. (3) The passenger foot-well is extremely narrow, and uncomfortable. (4) Fuel mileage is much lower than advertised. We experience 15/20.

Great value, great service
By jbowen52 on 01/13/11 20:27 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this used with 45000 miles. It has performed great for me. Smooth ride, great seats, great handling for a tall crossover and a great value. Performance with the V6 is adequate, but it is pulling a heavy vehicle with AWD. Have not needed more yet. I considered the GMC Acadia and clones, but this was less than any of them with similar age and miles despite a higher initial price. Some minor interior issues were resolved quickly by the local dealer under warranty. Mileage runs low 20s highway, not bad with AWD at high speed and high teens around town. Love it so far and would buy another but new one doesn't offer the third row seat, useful with the grandkids.

Beware
By Belinda Bennett on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this car in March of 2007 new. I have had nothing but trouble since. The car stopped on me twice, transmission problems and had to be towed each time. Rear end problems twice, tire problems all of the time, and a tire gauge that never stops flashing. When I asked about getting rid of the car I was told everything that was wrong could be fixed and nothing could be done about it. I am afraid to go out of town in this car. Seven weeks ago (Aug. or Sept.2010)the bearings on the passenger side were replaced. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. The car is beautiful in looks but not fit to be placed in the Cadillac class. I am glad the lease is almost over. Never again.

SRX
By DAARON on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nice ride, for a short wheel base has a very smooth ride. The V6 has plenty on get up and go, but it doesn't have the power to keep it at a 70 mph run.Hardly ever is in 5th gear. If you watch the rpm you will notice an increase and still running 60 or 70 . that's why the fuel economy is so poor. I get about 21.5 hwy.But I'll pay the price for the ride and reliability

Performance!
By Nice Guy 568 on 03/03/10 15:07 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Cadillac SRX is an excellent cross over SUV compare to Volvo X90. The price can be reasonable if you know your budget, what are you looking for a Cadillac.

Terrible In Snow
By Art Crump on 02/10/10 06:41 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Initial driving and ride were very impressive. Did a little research prior to buying, and snow driving was rated?? Just below the Volvo? they must have been talking about the AWD, My RWD makes me want to take it back. Recent snow storms have immobilized the vehicle.

V8 Sport RWD...great used buy
By gwcpasrx on 01/01/10 21:24 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used off lease from a used car lot. Needed utility, tow capacity, over 6200 GVWR for tax purposes. V8 RWD sport package/black is a great looking car. Previously had an Infiniti G35 rwd, and this car is close in perfomance, but I can tow my boats and have room in the back. Rear seat has been used for teenagers on an hour trip, and they didn't mind at all. I love driving this car every day at the price I paid used (about 50% less than new with 28K miles). Car is fast, will leave 2 stripes of rubber with locking rear. Did get stuck last weekend in soft grass...AWD would have been nice, but otherwise, I don't miss it.

2007 SRX V6 Utility package
By AColl on 10/06/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Good looks and convienient, very useful, cargo space or 3rd seat, kids love it, too small for adults but this is a crossover anyway, not a minivan. front looks outdated, it should have been more like 07 cts, just a minor facelift could have been a tremendous benefit. Full of anoying electrical glitches, sunroof backs up when rear windoes are closing, can't be fixed, seat belt jammed and replaced twice. Don't buy this car w/o a warranty. Very good handling and performance for its size but slow compare to 2010 RSX. Electric rear seats are a slow, it should have been manual (like acura- MDX). Need better care to built and fix minor problems. Poor mileage. I would buy another one if improved.

I will trade SRX when select the new car
By Aleksey Toporkov on 06/23/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Steering wheel can not be adjusted towards driver. If you like to have steering wheel close to you and you are tall, knees will push against the dashboard and keys. Seating is rather sports car than SUV (legs will be very high). TERRIBLE leg room for the front passenger - check the narrowing on the left. Navigation system is lousy: touch screen is very non-responsive, route (pink) is colored almost the same as the other roads (red), very frustrating - trying to find something on map manually with assisting windows popping up w/o need and making the search area narrow. 3rd row seating only suits small kids. 2nd row mid seat tall passenger bumps head against switches. Resale value - disaster.

Great experience 18mos into it
By timtx01 on 07/01/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had not bought an American car since the late 1980s and was afraid to try it again. But this car was such a looker, drove so well and was priced so attractively that I couldn't turn it up. I have been very happy with the car, with the exception of the gas mileage. I do a mix of about half city/half highway driving and I manage to average 15-16 mpg. On the freeway I get 21-23 mpg depending on road/weather conditions. I think the car could probably benefit from a slightly larger wheel size but as that would only decrease MPG I am happy enough with what it came with.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.