2005 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
WAY Better than the Grand Caravan
By Kim on 07/29/05 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We recently traded in our 2004 Grand Caravan for the Buick Terraza. The Dodge seemed to have a lot of mechanical problems and we decided to take advantage of the employee pricing from GM. We fell in love with the Terraza at first sight, but actually driving it was what won us over completely. It is a very smooth, quiet ride. All of the many features are within easy reach (not so on the Dodge), and there is a lot more legroom in the middle and back seats. Sure, the seats don't fold down magically into the floor, but I've sat in the new "stow- and-go" seats. They definitely had to sacrifice comfort for function. You will not find a more comfortable, easy to drive van than this one.

Very Disappointed
By no fan on 07/23/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I had bought the best van out there until the car stopped starting for me. Three times at the dealer in 6 weeks and they still can't fix it. It now sits in my garage not being driven because I can't count on it starting. A very big disappointment after spending upwards of $36,000.00 for it fully loaded.

It's not a minivan, it's a sport crossover
By MN photographer on 07/11/05 20:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We never need utter those "van" words again. I went looking for a new vehicle, worn out from the minivan mom appearance. I told the dealer "I need something that has enough space for photography backdrops and equipment, is comfortable to drive, looks good, gets better than 20 mpg, and it CAN'T be a minivan." He showed me one. It was big enough. He said the only other suggestion was their new minivan that was 'right there'. "Where?" He had to point it out because, ladies, this is not a minivan. It looks like an SUV with power sliding doors. Awesome! I'm in love with my new sport crossover. If we all get together on the lingo, it'd be perfect. Key words: comfort and luxury.

Weighted second seat
By Ronald DeMarco on 07/05/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many SUV's and this is the first one to turn people's heads.The only problem is the middle seat is heavy and hard to remove. Chrysler has the right idea for the second seat.

From an SUV to a "Minivan"
By Tom on 06/16/05 14:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have have my 2005 Buick Terraza CLX FWD for about a month. The only drawback is that it is underpowered for a vehicle that is intended to be loaded up with people and gear. The styling inside and out is well liked by me and everyone who sees it for the first time. I have had strangers stop me and tell me that they really like the appearance of the Terraza! The sliding doors are invaluable! Get the remote start up feature, I absolutely love it. The seats are much more comfortable than my Chevy Trailblazer. If only I could have that engine in this vehicle! The interior is the best and classiest of all of the new crossover sport vans as these are being called (Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn).

Terraza CXL
By A. Moore on 06/14/05 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We looked at the Chevy version of this van also and by the time you put all of the options on it that the CXL had, the price was at least as much. A Buick Century was our first new car and we loved it for 8 years but needed the extra room. Our Buick dealer has a wonderful service department and that's what eventually sold us on it.

Well Done Buick
By Larry H on 05/26/05 00:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Chevy Venture Warner Bros. Edition for this fully loaded CXL. I love the styling and the ride is very quiet. Improvements over the Warner Bros. include the XM radio, seats are 100% leather (no cloth inserts) Heated front seats, factory remote starter, steering wheel controls. Mechanically the cars drives a little stiffer but is more responsive. Gas mileage is down from the 3.4 engine. Chevy Venture with 3.4 averaged close to 29 mpg on highway according to trip computer, Terraza is between 25 and 26. Performance difference is hardly noticable, but I don't think my wife plans on racing it. Very nice vehicle, not just a repackaged Olds silouette.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Recliner King on 05/07/05 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have over 6000 miles on my Terraza. I am very happy with the car overall. The kids get in easy. Heck I can get in and out very easy. And with the DVD I don't hear, "Are the there yet". The ride, the feel of the "Van" sometimes makes me forget it is a "Minivan". Average mileage 23 combined (60% highway, 40% city)

Suggested improvements.
By D&B on 04/23/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drove this vehicle on a 4000 mile trip in four weeks and would have liked to have had the changes that I have listed below.

Our Mojo Box
By Fred Perrett on 04/12/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Terraza is a wonderful ride. We did however, blow a computer K module. Buick repaired the problem and provided us with a Chevy Tahoe while the repairs were completed. On our family trip to Florida from Michigan and back, we really enjoyed the comfort and ride.