Not made for Tall People
By mejp on
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
The curvature of the doors make it impossible to get in or out without hitting my head unless I fold like a rag doll. Not to mention creating quite a blind spot when looking over the shoulder for traffic. The lumbar support in the drivers seat is too large even when reset to zero, thus making my back hurt even after a short drive. This car is so low to the ground that even curbs become a hazard! Dealership's driver ran into a curb and caused extensive damage. Between seat console is awkward, pinches fingers when extending the arm-rest and storage is limited. The steering column is clumsy to adjust, why isn't it electric? Can't open trunk from inside????
Favorite Features
The look is nice, and the interior colors are appealing. Ride is smooth.
Suggested Improvements
Round the window so that entry and exit are tall people friendly. Steering column should be electric. Move seat console forward. Raise the heigth of the car at least 6 inches.
By dlflyboi
on 05/20/12 17:20 PM (PDT)

Well I'm 6'2" and have no issues getting in or out. And Buick is actually trying to appeal to more of the younger buyers. Not the older ones like they use to.

By solo67
on 01/23/12 13:40 PM (PST)

When I read this review, I thought the author must be exaggerating. Today, I visited a local Buick dealer and began by checking out the interiors of the LaCrosse, Verano and Regal. I entered the LaCrosse first, and proceeded to rap my head on the A pillar. I'm not unusually tall - 5'10" - and I'll bet that anyone over 5'6" is going to rap his head on the pillar often. The review also correctly describes the close ground clearance. There's a plastic air dam that's as close to the ground as the one on my Miata - makes no sense on such a large car. I checked out the head clearance when entering the Regal and had no problem there. While it appears that the A pillar position is identical, there's clearly something different about the Regal that makes it not a problem. This design is just nonsense for the older clientele that Buicks traditionally appeal to.

By mama14075
on 06/13/14 10:28 AM (PDT)

My husband and son both are 5'10, 5'11 respectfully, but they both complain...I'm 5'2 and have to angle myself getting in...I would never--never purchase another Buick LaCrosse..not to mention the poor visibility on the passenger side..