2005 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Z 4 FLORIDA FUN
By JEFF on 06/10/05 09:51 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great fun to drive. Wind noise at highway speed could be improved. They also need to find a way to improve the amount of wind in the cabin at highway speed. Car looks great both inside and outside and trunk is surprisingly roomy. With a little work you can get 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk.

Best overall sportscar
By Anthony on 06/05/05 06:20 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The power is more than adequate with excellent low end torque. The engine is the most refined in any sportscar. Transmission is excellent with well defined gates. Clutch take up and feel is excellent. Steering tightens up beautifuly at speed. Corner placement is intuitive with no corrections necessary in steering feed. Run flat tires provide safety, consistent feedback due to very low flex, rim protection in potholes and excellent convertible trunk space. Interior is excellent in design amd materials. Excellent rear visibility with top up. Solid roll bars. Exceptional sound system even with top down at high speed. Minimal wind buffeting and noise at high speed. Excellent 2 stage skid control

Bad rap on design
By jruggio on 06/02/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been nothing but an eye catching delight. I believe there has been a conspiracy by BMW haters towards the styling. There is hardly a day I take this car out that I don't get a positive comment,ie. "nice car"; "nice ride"; "I love your car". I have never received more positive comments on anything I have ever had; except my wife!

Best Value
By IMMAJ on 06/02/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car has the quickest top retraction in the industry: 7 seconds! It handles well, comfortable (except when the top is up and you get out of the car. But overall, a great value and a sexy ride. The only design change I would do is revise the back of the car like the Z8.

Z 4, 3.0 Alpine white/sports package
By Michael McDonough on 05/28/05 20:54 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car was a total blast. Love the cockpit...interior layout was excellent. Felt as if I was flying. Never got so many stares. Love the long hood, reminded me of the old jag XKE's.

excessive noise
By Don on 05/20/05 06:44 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I actually bought this as "Mother's Day Gift" for my wife last year. She actually gets to drive it once in a while. The only complaint I have is the excessive noise that comes from from the passenger seat when my wife is riding with me. "Are you crazy?" "Slow down!" "I am NEVER riding with you again in this car!!" often can be heard even over the sound of the engine as I shift through the five gears. My only regret now is that I did not buy the 3.0 for a little boost.

Why all the negative press?
By DropTopZ4 on 05/18/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Actually purchased June 2003, factory order. This is a great car, provided that you spring for the bigger engine. Love the Sport Package, power top, kickin' stereo, gearbox. The ride can be stiff due to the run-flats but Sport Mode eliminates some of the bobbing. Stylish, fast, gets lots of attention. Clutch catches too high. Drive fast to reveal its true sports car personality.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By M L Kardatzke on 04/29/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN... what more can I say? Almost bought the Z3 years ago and waited until the Z4 came out with the solid back windshield. I drive it year round in snow with studded tires. Out performs my truck in the snow. CAUTION... do NOT buy this car if you like to blend it!! IT IS A CROWD stopper!! My face is sore after driving this car. Reason? The sappy smile from having so much fun!!! I might be a little old lady but I am definitely not from Pasadena. This car seems to appeal to everyone, from little kids to people in their 50's and 60's. The car should have a license that says "It's all about me" as it really grabs the attention.

bios review
By bioschatz on 04/28/05 19:15 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun, fast, my golf clubs fit in, good at highway speed and the shifter is like butter. It's a BMW not a toy, also easier on my body than some other sport cars I have had.

The return of the authentic roadster
By jon allen on 04/17/05 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Three litre six speed goes like stink. Gear ratio is superb for city and highway use. Excellent ergonomics, simple yet refined. It is the TR6 you had in college without the headaches.