Select a different vehicle  
Recently Viewed
There are no recently viewed vehicles to display

Average Consumer Rating 124 Total Reviews
Write a review

Performance
Comfort
Value
Fun-to-Drive
Interior Design
Exterior Design
Build Quality
Reliability
A net positive experience
By JohnQPublic on
Vehicle
2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
Review
The idrive criticisms are generally overblown. The items you use 90% of the time are simpler on the 745 than on most cars (ie big knobs, easy to see and get to). The other 10% even gets pretty easy after several months. The bugs are a pain. They are all electrical except for the sound system which is so powerful that it causes the interior to buzz at certain pitches. But the drive is sweet and is worth the hassle.
Favorite Features
The ride, by far. I also like the auto-park feature that puts the parking brake on when you stop at a light and disengages it when you step on the gas.
Suggested Improvements
The SMG on the 2002 M3 would have been a nice feature as well as steering wheel buttons that shift up as well as down (The 745 only downshifts). The navigation system should use a DVD instead of a CD (this one baffles me!).
Recommend (0) (0)
Report it
Comments (0) Post a Comment
Post a Comment

You must be signed in to post a comment.

Register

ADVERTISEMENT
Nearby Inventory Zip Code UPDATE
 
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Have a question? We're here to help!
Chat*
Chat online with us
Email
Email us at help@edmunds.com
*Available daily 8AM-5PM Pacific