Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

325 ci Convertible - Awesome Car
By Paul G

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. The quality of the build and handling are superior. The driver and passenger seats are a little cramped for long road trips, but acceptable for day drives and cruising. I've owned the car for two years and about 18,000 miles - NO issues to date (except for my aftermarket iPod cable which I needed to replace because it shorted out, but BMW took are of that for me). While I like my ragtop, I am looking to move to the new 330 hardtop convertible probably in a year or two. I highly recommend this car - it's a pleasure to own and to drive!

Performance, styling, and high end sound system (Harmon Kardon).

Improve the driver right side room especially near the console - too tight. Improve the placement of the cup holders - without the center console up, only one of the two cup holders is accessible. I think SAAB has the right idea here with the cool dashboard cupholder I had on my 2003 9-3.

Very Pleased
By Jim

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So far so good. Just bought car in August. Very happy so far. Many features I never had before, all work great. Always bought GM cars. This car is much better. Fun car to drive. Rides great, solid. Much better paint finish. Nice looking. Feel special in it. Inside, rich expensive look. Enjoy just taking it for a ride with the top down, and radio playing. Looks speak for itself. Eye catching. Pleasant and quiet ride. Plenty of power, and holds the road very well. Brakes work great, you don't lean foward when stopping. Car stays level.

Pulse wipers work on rain hiting windshield, if you want. 9 speaker system. Radio volume works on noise level, and speed if you want by itself. Temperture heat control, just set temp. and that's it, At night, lights fill the road with plenty of light. All windows go down or up at one time.

All doors should lock when you put car in drive, and stay locked till you shut car off, and put in park. Have to push button on and off it you want to be safe inside of car. High test gas only. Should take regular. I tried it, car pings.

Performance machine, not speed machine
By Mikeebear

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car performs wonderfully. Tight precise steering and cutting corners at least is to be expected. The automatic transmission makes it pretty slow. It is probably quick enough for most average drivers and daily commutes, but if you're looking for a thrill, this car is not thrilling. Inside, it is spacious and pretty. The sound system could use a big upgrade, but it's OK. If you put the top up/down while people are in the back, it hits them in the head. Gas mileage is very poor for this type of car. The sport mode is good. There's a big aftermarket for performance parts. I would recommend this car if you're an average driver looking for a little fun when you want, but not for thril-seekers.

The tight, precise handling and steering, excellent performance. Great sunday cruiser.

Make it faster. Give it more curves. Remove the ugly bar that bumps out of the back of the top. Better sound system. Make the doors easier to open w/out smacking car next to you. BETTER GAS MILEAGE, PLEASE. Auxiliary jack anyone?