Used 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series Gran Turismo model:

Outstanding for all around use.
By BobM

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 335i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Rear headroom is great due to roofline. Cargo capacity is good with rear seats up, great with rear seats down. Wish I had the all around video and lane warning features.

BMW 3 Series with tons of useful space
By Jack Oakley

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 328i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My previous 4 cars have been BMW 3 Series. All certified preowned with under 40K miles. All were lease returns. I enjoy driving the 3 series, but I wanted more trunk space and a larger back seat. I drive between 35k and 45k miles per year. Daily commute is 142 miles. My last 3 series had reached 150K miles, the time I start looking for a replacement. A friend purchased a 328 Grand Truismo - I was immediately impressed by the space. 3 adults fit very comfortably in the back seat and the cargo area is big, hatch makes loading very easy. I have owned the GT for one month. Very comfortable, it's based on the 3 series BMW makes for the China Market - I was told, wealthy individuals in China prefer to have a driver, so BMW needed to make the 3 series longer and wider to provide a larger back seat. This setup works perfectly in the GT. I am 6'1", perfectly comfortable in the driver seat. The longer wheelbase lends itself to a smoother ride. I really enjoy driving this car, I have the SPORT edition: Blacked out trim, black leather interior, red stitching, brushed aluminum replaces wood on the interior, gray-smoke 18" wheels, sport wheel with paddle shifters. Great highway ride, above average power, 32MPG HWY. Only complaint - larger blind spot. GT has a lower resale than 3 series sedan. So first owner takes the initial loss - Vehicle was $53,800 in 2014 - My purchase with 36K miles and certified preowned from BMW was $29,150. If you like the 3 series, but want more useful cargo space and a larger back seat then take a look at the GT.

Absolutely Love This Car
By jmnteddy

This is the first BMW I've owned and hope it won't be my last. I drove Toyota's for the last 27 years and traded in a Highlander for this car, wish I had done it sooner. So glad to be back in a sedan and it meets all of my criteria: good looks,smooth ride, plenty of room for passengers and cargo,sunroof,AWD, great MPG and just plain fun to drive. I love how it hugs the road and was glad to see the other positive reviews regarding this vehicle. If you read the blogs so many people put down the looks of this vehicle but I think it looks great. I'm hoping this car will be as reliable as all of the Toyota's that I've owned over the years. I'm really enjoying and loving this car!

Plenty of cargo room especially when you fold down the back seats. Great MPG, I like the interior layout, love the navigational system and backup camera.

I've only had the vehicle 2 weeks so it's too soon to think of any additional needs.

Sports car for families
By livesmile

It may be difficult to think of a better *sports* car that can carry four people in comfort. This is as much a sports car as typical driving situations allows nowadays. In my view, to enjoy any more sportiness you need to go to the tracks, so it is a moot point for me to demand additional driving dynamics when I can't use them 95% of the time. The 335i GT is perfect blend of power, handling, and comfort. It looks great from most angles except may be a couple of side ones. The iDrive system is flawless. The only thing that could improve it in my view would be gesture recognition, which BMW is already working on. The sport mode is awesome and makes me forget that it is a GT and not a 3sedan.

HUD. Browsing music in HUD. Navigation in HUD. Integration with Google (Send to car and online search features). Adaptive cruise (stop and go is awesome, no need to use feet at all). Start and stop (yes I use it all the time-- works without vibrations, jerks etc. and is very quick, and also work automatically with adaptive cruise automatically). Panoramic roof. Space in the trunk. And kick-action for opening the trun.

Lane keeping assist. Front camera to give a 360 degree surround view. Temperature sync for dual zones. Control of rear air-flow from front (needed for those with families). Mirroring of smart phone screen to screen.

Great Functional Car
By iserum

It is a functional Car, replaced a X3 with this vehicle, this is by no means or close to a 3 series drive, 3 series owner will be disappointed with this car, in my opinion BMW should have not named it in 3 series, we got this cars for leg room in back and good storage in trunk and to keep the car feel of drive, it is better than SUV with low CG, hence low chance of roll over as compared to SUV, this is our 6 or 7th BMW so most of the cabin amenities or lack of it we are familiar with, the car does not drive like 3 series at all, it is softer ride even with M sports package.
i rate it higher for its practicality for my family.

HUD Navigation is the best i have used so far. Panoramic Roof, just like X3 very nice. Huge Trunk space.

HUD do not work with polarized sunglasses. Noisy cabin as compared to X3 and 328xi, don't know may be because of Pano roof. or 18 inch Sports wheels.