Used 2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Amazing Vehicle, some bothersome issues
By Slojotaa

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

3rd Audi, and extremely happy with how the deign has matured. Smooth cornering, pick up, quiet cabin, butter start up process, intuitive controls.

Favorite Features

Look (Brilliant Black with Amaretto Brown), stereo sound, S-Line interior upgrade. Nice car, however Audi still has "annoying" small improvements, not big enough to stop me from buying, but from a practical perspective reaching to the glove compartment for CD/iPod connection is "stupid"!

Suggested Improvements

The maintenance program is pathetic, with Audi no longer picking up maintenance. Those of us who are used to this went from having a wonderful program, to virtually nothing (first 5000 mile service free)! Why isn't Home Link garage door opener standard? CD/iPod control still in glove compart.

This car is awful. Bad is too mild
By Gene

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Reading good reviews by the editor as well as some owners, my daughter decided to give it a try...I wish she did not. The car has 10,500 miles on it. It is 1.5 years old. She came here to Milwaukee for a funeral. On the way from Chicago the yellow light came on. As soon as she got out of the highway the car stalled. She called the road assistance as well as the leasing company and they told her to try starting it. The car started. They told her that since this is just the yellow light drive it and bring it in when you are back. On the way to the funeral the car stalled again 3 times! She had to borrow mine, left the car parked on the street. This is the Audi/German luxury

Favorite Features

Decent handling

Very Satisfied!
By sisanto

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Audi A6 and the 2008 sure does beat out my old '00 A6. Everything is much improved. I avg. 31 MPG on the highway and 18 in the city. The only thing I truely miss is the ol' twin turbo. It would have been nice to have it again. This is a very solid care. Great stereo. By far the best cruise control I have ever seen. The NAV is a must, extremely accurate and again one of the best I've seen. Handling is tight as you dive into turns. I've had many 4 wheel drive trucks and cars and I can assure you this car with stock tires never fails me while traveling through the Pocono Mtns in PA. The brakes are undescribable. The car stops on a dime. Excellent car!

Favorite Features

Navigation, brakes, cruise contro,l fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

I'd love to see the old twin turbo come back. The engine lacks just a little for me.

Great car, highly recommend
By Ted

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Couldn't be happier with the car. Considered the normal peers (E350 4matic, 530x, Acura RL, M35x, etc). Drove them all but felt that the A6 was the best overall package - drive, interior and exterior styling, options/ capabilities, etc) - and importantly at the most attractive price. Have owned BWM (330ci), Audi (A4), Acura (Legend) and spent a lot of time in MB (E) and Lexus (GS). Like my A6 better than any of them.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling, safe feeling of drive

Suggested Improvements

My prior Audi came with oil changes included (as did all Audi's at the time). Audi no longer offers. Not sure why. Was a great service.

Nice!
By A6 3.2 QUATTRO

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the A6 is an excellent car. I have had it for a week and I'm in love everything about the car. The only thing I don't really like is the cupholders, not very conviniently located but no biggie. It doesn't have many places to put stuff though, glove compartment is rather small and center arm rest is small also. Other than that the car is awesome. Would have liked a wooden steering wheel standard for such a high price car.

Favorite Features

MMI, bluetooth, ipod integration

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders, should come standard with back up camera and front parking sensors.