Used 2003 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )

Tremendous Value
By RSXman

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Before purchasing this car, I drove and considered the following: Eclipse GT, Celica GT-S, Volkswagen GTI, Honda Civic, Honda Accord Coupe, Pontiac Grand AM GT1. The Acura is so far above these other cars in every way, I'm still amazed. The build quality is astounding, the materials used inside are very nice, not just cheap plastic. Buying experience very easy, there are no options other than useless crap you buy at the dealer, so finding the right one is easy. If you're looking for a car with NO compromises, this is the one. Very fast, handles extremely well, lacks no features, and still gets almost 30MPG in the city.

Refinement, handling, acceleration, interior materials, reliability, gas mileage.

I'll echo what everyone else says: Need a center armrest. That's it. (If they do add one, you can bet it will be available from Honda/Acura to retrofit older RSX's)

All around great car
By khuang

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. Had it for more then 2 months now. I did a lot of research and it's the best car in it's class. I could have chosen Celica or WRX but the best car for me was definitely RSX Type- S. I think Celica GT-S looks better but cost more with same options as RSX. WRX is more practical and faster but i don't like the styling, and don't need the added complications of AWD and a Turbo. I ended up with RSX because it's fun to drive, handles great, relatively luxurious, gets good gas mileage, and has a very reasonable price.

200 horsepower iVTEC engine sounds very nice, especially at 5800 rpm and up. The everything about the interior is intuitive, perfectly placed, and looks great.

Leather could be a little better quality. 16 inch wheels one inch smaller then I'd like on Type-S. Styling is on the bland side.

I love this car
By Greg_W

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I recently was a owner of the new nissan 350z but sold it due to the high insurance on it and gas, so I wanted a car that was resonable on gas and insurance but yet sporty. I looked at many cars but now I found as intresting as the rsx. The biggest reason was it was a really fun car to drive and it felt really fast. Ever since I purchased it I loved everything about even the 7,900 rpm red line.

I love the feeling when the vtec hits in, it just sucks you into the seat. The car makes you want to drive it fast it just asks for it. I love the design of the gauges and the shifting is amazing on the manual transmission.

What I wish that acura could improve on is to have the types s more like the type r of japan.

bang for the buck
By madjoe

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i am a master auto tech and this is by far the most fun car i've driven in 10 12 years of driving.the shifting is effortless and it handles like a M3 but half the price. all i have to say is 100 H.P. per liter naturally aspirated.unreal if everyone could do that the morning commute would be a pole position. go drive one and see for yourself. P.S. chicks are drawn to this one.

red illum. 6 disc changer;6spd trans.;sexy looks,200 hp eng,exeptional handling,

17 in wheels,armrest,better bass from sub.more center console storage.

Just plain AWESOME!
By Omi Oh My

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After drooling over the pictures in the brochure and staring at every other RSX on the road, I finally got my own beautiful Arctic Blue Pearl Type-S. This car is incredible. The interior is classy and refined, and the exterior a joy to look at. The ride and performance are excellent, made all the more enjoyable by the sound of the exhaust. For the money, there is no better alternative.

Being the envy of all your friends, and getting the ladies' attention. Driving was never this much fun!

Nothing