Used 1992 Acura Legend LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

She'll be missed
By s OConnor

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my niece in '06 who bought it from my dad in '97 who originally bought it new in '92. I had always loved this car even though my dad preferred the design of the '88( i personally saw no comparison!). It's pick up was amazing, stopped on a dime and maintenance, while expensive in comparison to American models, isn't required too often. The handling was unmatched and I always found the style very sleek. The paint held up although the last year lots of flaking on the roof. With 295,000 she met her fate when someone pulled out in front of me in traffic totaling the car. A terrible ending to a most amazing life.

none

Great performance & style
By Rhart

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner and have a great experience with this car. I bought it with a 147,000 miles on it and have put an additional 40,000 on it. Still rides great. It is starting to show its age but for 18 years old still looks remarkably well.

Rear fender wells tend to rust like all early 90's Hondas.

Fast n Fun!
By cclegendle

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I got my first Legend in March of '09 with about roughly 204,500 miles on it, and it ran like a new car! I like the leather interior and the auto drivers seat, but what I especially like is the surprising speed and handling and the fact that you have access to all four speeds in an automatic (which is something most automatic owners don't even have access to today!). I like this car so much that when I'm done with it I think I will get a type 2 Legend with a 6 speed manual transmission. 4 door or coupe it doesn't matter 2 me because they both look good!

Speed. For a 200 hp rated stock car it seems a lot faster and its handling is good too, what I would expect from one of Japan's luxury/performance models.

Better fuel economy, I achieve about 20 mpg max in the city and that's on a good day. I would expect much more out of having to put premium gas in my tank!

Family Legend
By kingvonh

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 174K for $1300 about a month ago as a family get around car. Thus far the overall ride and performance has met or exceeded expectations exept I believe the transmission is too quirky (can shift rough at times). Premium fuel only kind of kills any economical value. Avg 22 mpg (1/2 city, 1/2 hwy). Car handles well in corners and accelerates easily. Will pass on freeway with no hesitation. Rides a little too stiff. Should have softer suspension for type of car it is. Issues with windows (work but slow), locks (if you lock it will keep on trying to lock?) radio (factory Bose does not work, common) power antenna (jammed) and some paint oxidization (black).

Design, love the combination of luxury with sport and power. Bullet proof engine. The peace of mind.. it's a fancy Honda Accord really. Fits 2 car seats and a 7yr old comfortably in the rear and trunk holds a stroller and 2 weeks of groceries for a family of 5 with no problem.

Softer suspension. Perhaps a more powerful engine that doesn't require Premium Fuel! Smoother transmission. Better audio system.

Can't Get Rid of This Thing
By Ben

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I've had my Legend LS for 10 years now. I've contemplated getting a new car numerous times, but I just can't seem to justify buying a new car with my Legend still going strong. It's like trying to kill a zombie. Sure, it has some issues that I may eventually take care of (A/C no longer works, all Bose speakers but one have died, valve seals need replacing, ABS no longer works), but the car still runs great. I'm thinking that I'd rather spend the $3K+ to fix these items than spend another $30K - $40K for a newer car. Besides, if I were to get a new car, I still couldn't part with my Legend. My wife and I switched cars one day (never happens), and she commented on how smooth it still rides.

It rides nice for an older car. Lots of the features are still relevant 15 years later (heated seats, heated mirrors, memory seating, etc.).