2000 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
One of the best affordable cars ever made
By shadokreep on 06/22/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 6 years and it still runs great. The gas mileage is on par with most civics of this time. This car is still comfortable and was a great investment I made. Couple of months ago, I thought about selling my car and getting something bigger, but since gas prices went up I changed my mind.

After 6 years, I still can't quit her!
By C1977 on 08/11/06 22:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This trusty car is such a treat, after 6 years, I still give myself fake excuses to drive in it. Until I hit 105K, I just changed oil and tires - that's about it. I think the balance between assisted steering and feedback on this car is perfect.

Quality but economic fun
By DSW on 01/29/06 20:32 PM (PST)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this GS-R new in 2000 while I was still in college. Glad to say I've had almost no problems whatsoever with the vehicle. This was truly a classic design from Acura, and it still gets a lot of interest when I pull into the gas station. Transmission is superb, but the engine tends to have a loud droning tendency when driving extended highway trips. Comfort for tall people is questionable as well. The car drives very well, and the gas mileage has been better than estimated on the sticker...as high as 34mpg. Overall a solid purchase. The only maintanence issue I've experienced was a burned out trunk latch mechanism at 91000 miles...cheap fix at the dealership.

00 gsr
By Aj on 11/11/04 14:51 PM (PST)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Overall the GS-R is a very practical car to live with. There is enough room for two adults in the back but I would advise against it. The performance is adequate. Compared to the cars available in 2004 it is lacking. However if you know anything about GS-Rs you know that the B18C has more than enough aftermarket support. The year 2000 is when honda/acura switched to OBD-II version 2. Some of the parts that work for the older GS-Rs do not work for this one. If I could do it over again I would buy a 96-99 GS-R for that reason.

GREAT CAR
By LINDA on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

LAST CAR WAS AN OLDS. THIS IS A REAL TREAT..... NO PROBLEMS IT'S A QUICK CAR.

My Car
By GS on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my gsr in september 2003. I love it. it so fun to drive. They sould have never stopped making these cars. The leather is so comfortable and the transmission is nice and tight. when the vtec kicks in the sound is awesome and you can feel the extra power that it gives you. Handles great on stock suspension and wheel and tire set up. Over all this car is great in my opinion

2000 Integra GSR
By shado on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for about a year now and it is a fun car to drive. The VTEC engine is exciting to listen to. Once you hit that 4500 rpm you just want to keep revving the motor up. The only downside to perfomance is that you won't get that much torque compared to high torquey cars, but on the long run the VTEC system really helps for high speeds. Third gear is the best gear and after that its not really fun no more. So you have to go back again. When I first recieved this car I thought it was a dissapointment, but it turned out to be the best car.

Bought, certified, to replace rusty CRX
By panta on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Lively performance for 1800cc Vtech engine. Acceleration to cruising speed takes little time and only 3 gears.I got 34mpg without taking it easy. Car is very quiet and solid. Turning radius is very large compared to my '84 CRX, Steering wheel too close, pedals and shift knob a bit too far away. As a certified car with 42,000 miles on it when I got it, it looked very close to a brand new very elegant black/black car, stunning appearance. Don't think I'll dare to throw it around like a go cart as I did with the CRX all the time. I did all the work on the "X" but all the computers in the GSR have me baffled

This Car has no limits
By James Stewart on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my gsr over my old civic ex, which was tuned well, and qiuckly found the Gsr Dohc Vtec could get the job done. The stock suspension is good but can become great. I've done about 10 small performance improvement and this car is cranking 219 aftermarket HP.

Awesome GSR
By X-GSR on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

By now I have moved on to an S2000. The Acura was everything I need it, didn't realize then but . . . This car was the ultimate driving machine. Never had a problem, gas mileage was great.