Used 2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

Used XC90 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

First Volvo

Flyingman, 08/07/2006
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I was close to buying a VW Touareg before I test drove the Volvo. I found the volvo to have excellent power in the 2.5T, better mileage, and more space. I prefer the boxier look over the bubble look that is currently so popular. Only have a few 100 miles, but am really impressed with handling, especially on Hwy. Mileage is mostly city, so in the lower mid teens, but on hwy it was very close to advertised, 22-23mpg. It does not have any cheesy extras you really don't need, very practical. A bit sluggish at parking lot speed but if you punch it front tires will screach out without hesitation. I'll follow up in a few months but for now I'm very pleased overall with this purchase.

Volvo converted me to BMW

Robert Stuart, 09/14/2015
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Over 1/2 the cars we've owned have been Volvo...This one will change that. This has had constant noise in the form of clunks, squeals and rattles. There is always an error light or message on and we've spent a small fortune on parts. I'm a certified ASE mechanic and do all my own work but this has been a challenge. New rack and pinion, new exhaust, new struts, new springs, new tie rod ends, new radiator, new pulleys and new tires every 15K. This thing cant keep tires or brakes! The gas mileage is great, the power wonderful but everything else failed. The stereo is substandard and no one will touch it for aftermarket because of Volvos proprietary computers. The mirror trim has fallen off, the light dimmer/turn signal indicator fell off, windows get stuck. In short, this has left my wife stranded more then any vehicle she's owned. Tried to talk with dealership about issues but they create even more...worst dealer we've ever worked with. Tried to talk with Volvo and they didn't care. You can get a lemon but when the dealer and the manufacture wont help and in fact, exasperate the situation, it tells you it's time to move on. We're shopping for two new vehicles and wouldn't consider owning another Volvo. We actually bought a 2012 BMW X3. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned. Customer support is off the charts compared to Volvo and the vehicle arnt even in the same league! I'm angry at myself for waiting so long to get rid of Volvo...you really can enjoy your SUV

The most awesome SUV

Jan-Michael, 07/13/2005
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Volvo XC90 V8 is a suv with a very good performance, and to drive it almost feels like a volvo V70 or a similar car. The brakes are really effective, and the seats are really comfortable, but a sunroof would be perfect above the third-row seats. The XC90 has a huge cargoarea if you fold down the third-row seats, it's the same size as in the Excursion, or even bigger. The XC90 is the best SUV I've ever driven. It has awesome performance, good cargoarea, Superb Audio-system, awesome quality, quick'n'easy removeable tow- hook. The materials in the car is very well chosen, everything feels "well done", nothing feels cheap or plastic.

Performs quite well

Tony, 12/07/2009
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought ours as a certified pre-owned vehicle and have had no problems what so ever since purchase. Overall the fit and finish of the XC90 is very good and reliability is excellent.The 2.5T is not a powerhouse of an engine, but on the highway and around town its adequate. It's a good,safe family car.

Love it so far!

Celeste, 05/28/2010
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought this car about 6 weeks ago & I really love it. It fits my kids' two car seats easily & will fit a third - all in the second row. I've read that it doesn't have that great of pick up when you accelerate, but I haven't found that to be the case at all. Drives great, love the sunroof, really love that the backseat has a/c vents for the kids! It is without a doubt the best car I've ever driven (have previously owned Chevys & an Acura).

12345...21