Used 2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

Used XC90 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

Good Ride/Bad Mileage

Bob Scruggs, 09/27/2017
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My 2006 xc90 is my fourth Volvo, all bought used. They have all been excellent cars. The gas mileage of the first three has been acceptable. I was not prepared for the disastrous mileage of my xc90. It has a T-5 engine (five cylinder). My average mileage is 12.5 miles per gallon. It is obvious to me that I cannot keep this car. The comfort, style, and performance are outstanding, but I can't afford the mileage. I have done everything to put the car in tip-top shape, even the sparkplugs which cost $25 each. The motor performs well, and is extremely smooth. My only hope is that the software can be updated to give me better mileage. And this is more of a wish than a hope. No, I didn't do 'due diligence' when I bought this car, because of the great experience of my prior Volvos. I know I'll lose money trading, but I'll lose more money keeping this particular car. My wife and I are up in the years, and this was to be our last car; but it will be, I hope, our next to lat car. I can't wait to trade. I can get a luxury car with better mileage. But I will inquire about the software which might help the mileage before trading. A sad story ....

XC90 Ocean Race Edition

Bill, 10/05/2006
V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I replaced a BMW X3 with this car. As I wanted a little more room, I compared it to the 2006 BMW X5. The ORE is a better value. Hesitant about the V-8, but average mileage is 20.0 mpg in mixed driving. My 2.5L X3 averaged 22 mpg. I gave up 2 mpg for an extra 125 h.p., a smoother ride and more room -an excellent trade off. Excellent storage and cargo space. Very quiet ride.

XC90 T6 AWD vs. XC90 V8 AWD

DENNIS, 03/15/2007
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2003 XC90 T6 new. Traded it in for a XC90 V8 in 2006. Totally different vehicle. Engine powerful and quiet. No comparison with the T6. T6 noisy, rough running and a gas hog. V8 smooth as silk and much better MPG. Also, the T6 was a five passenger, the V8 a 7. The V8 rides much smoother because of the self leveling rear. All in all a world class vehicle with a top IIHS safety rating. You can spend a lot more money on an SUV and I don't think you can buy a much better vehicle. Dollar for dollar an excellent investment.

It's OK

Toddow, 07/29/2009
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've decided to write an objective review. I've had the opportunity to own numerous cars/truck/suv's in my lifetime. The XC-90 first of all is an outstanding ride. I drove it all the way from Arizona to Alabama and have driven it on short trips as well. It's a great "in-town" SUV and the saftey features make you feel very secure while driving it. The interior is sub-par, and most items feel flimsy. The center console "creaks" whenever you touch it and the dials are a little childish looking. But, with that the ride is awesome and the service (only every 7500 miles) lets you know you're driving a Volvo.

nice suv

vince, 11/30/2010
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car Aug.2009 and 98,000kms but still good condition,I drove from calgary to winnipeg, and its fun to drive,it's only 2.5 cylynder but good in the highway,I love it...

12345...21