Used 2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

Used XC90 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

V8 loaded & love it!

Ski, 07/07/2010
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

110k mi & still drives fantastic! Smooth, powerful, tight handling & fun to drive. Happy with whole drivetrain. Only problem so far was the "infotainment software bug," which was fixed with quick update @ dealer. DON'T get turbo model with "garbage" GM transmission. The V8's avg 1mpg gas penalty is worth every drop! '05+ Yamaha V8 model has better Aisan Warner 6-speed & nice AWD system. Did i mention the significant testicular fortitude?

great used car value

pete, 12/22/2015
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a '06 in 2013 and drove it 2 years before rear ending someone. The car fell apart as it should have but kept us all safe. It was a great road trip car being very comfortable and managed to hold camping gear for a family of four. Be ready to find an independent mechanic to fix some moderate to expensive repairs but this is a great car.

Would never ever recommend or purchase again!

lassiterlisa, 08/03/2011
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a used 2006 Volvo XC90 AWD V8 a year ago, had 77K miles on it, but was in excellent condition and we thought very safe for our family. We didn't know it had a transmission that COULD NOT be repaired ONLY REPLACED. The Volvo dealership informed us that this particular transmission was not repairable. Unfortunately our warranty company wouldn't ok the replacement so we had to transfer the car to a transmission repair facility to try and rebuild it. They were able to get all the parts needed but 1 and Volvo wouldn't sell the 1 part that would fix our car. SO we had to purchase a USED transmission for $5,700.00 (new would have been $7,500).

Shines in bad weather

Guillermo, 01/25/2010
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

All around solid vehicle. It's an Ocean Race Edition, but with the 5-cylinder engine (that's how it was packaged in Canada). You only need a V8 if you plan on towing. Drive it in and around Calgary, which gets a wide range of weather conditions. The AWD is particularly impressive in the rain and snow (winter tires are necessary for half the year, of course). Other than routine scheduled maintenance, have only had a couple of fixes (head light and wheel bearing) which were covered under warranty.

Very Happy with my XC90

Holly , 01/31/2010
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used in Nov of 2008 and have had it for almost a year and a half. I have not had one problem with this car. I am very pleased with the performance. The gas mileage could be better but i knew that going in. The interior does not have enough space for all my stuff but I manage. I really love driving this car and feel very safe in it.

12345...21