Used 2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

Used XC90 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

Best Bang For The Buck

Steve, 01/26/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Outstanding performance, ride and handling. Does not drive like an SUV at all. By far the best "SUV" I've ever driven. Extremely fast and agile for a 4600 pound car. The V8 sounds great and is also a work of engineering art. The fit and finish of the XC90 is about as good as it gets. Compared the XC90 to a BMW X5 which costs at least $10,000 more and the Volvo wins hands down. Plus, I'm a big guy, 6'4", 265 pounds and feel very comfortable in the car. I can't say that about many vehicles. For the price, sticker was about $50,000, it can't be beat.

Not happy with my XC90's we have 2!!

spottvmom, 05/16/2011
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had this car for almost 6 years. It's had a few minor annoying problems that were mostly covered under the warrenty until it hit 80K The warrenty is now up and it's been a royal pain. I have an AWD 6 cyl. turbo that has 90,000 miles on it. This is my 2nd Volvo and we currently own 2 XC90's so we have double the pain.... Issues have been the anti skid sensor- $700 plus to fix, burns through tires in about 30k miles with easy, gentle driving. New issue is my wheel bearings are shot. My husband has a 2005 what we just spent about $3,000 on new tie rods, new bearings, new e-brake, new oil pump, leaking in oil system and after all that his check engine light is on again!

great car

Andrea speer, 05/01/2016
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It's with a heavy heart that I pass my car on to my son who needs it in college. This is been a great car, very comfortable, reliable and it's held up well over 10 years and three kids. Only wish Volvo have not priced the new 2016 XC 90s so high. Had to move to Honda pilot.

The Best Family Midsize SUV

Chad Dimatulac, 05/30/2006
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After having a new baby, my wife and I went looking for a better SUV with 3rd row seating. We had looked at Land Rover LR3 and Lexus GX470 but we settled with the Volvo XC90. Besides the excellent safety features of XC90 that my wife had strongly leaned-on, it had better gas mileage 17 city-23 hiway, smartly engineered 3rd row seating setup/folddown, middle seat booster conversion feature, premium sound, wider screen DVD (8.5in), ULEV-2 engine, and a luxurious ride. This is an all-weather and light off-roading vehicle with luxury that is more fitting to a family. The way this SUV is built - it's a best buy for a reasonable price. But then there really is no price for safety for your family.

Owned for 4 years - love it

JimmB, 04/12/2016
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought this vehicle at least 4 years ago. Love it. We'd get another one. I didn't rate it for maintenance cost as we really haven't ever had major maintenance issues beyond changing oil etc (we are just at 70K miles). At this point, we'd buy an updated version when this one wears out. The 2.5L Turbo engine has plenty of power for us.

12345...21