Used 2014 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Three years later
By xira1

2014 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Here's what I said after one year: "I now have been driving my XC70 for one year and 15,000 miles. My impression, after looking at some other comparable cars, is that it remains a wonderful value in terms of interior quality. Even the $50,000 Acura MDX doesn't have as nice an interior. Every component is top-notch. It's great for a long trip because of the comfort and the FABULOUS sound system. Where it disappoints is in driving dynamics; it's not really fun to drive; it's safe and predictable and road-holding but not exciting."

Now that over 3 years and 43,000 miles have gone by, I have the same opinion. I think this is a very under-recognized car. It is top-notch quality in all the materials. Nothing significant has gone wrong with the car (the battery wore out a bit early because too many components can be running on it when the engine is off). We love it for long trips and for its super-secure handling. I also enjoy it for its lower-than-SUV lift-height (that makes it easier to get bikes inside and our kayaks on the roof; its also easier for our dogs to jump inside). I would definitely buy it again.

Top Quality in Every Way
By xira1

2014 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 57,000 miles, I can still say this is the best car I have ever owned. I am less tired after a long freeway trip than in previous cars I have had, because of the excellent driving position, superior visibility, great road-holding feel (it feels like it drives itself when going 75 MPH), slightly heavy steering feel (which requires less effort during high-speed driving), wonderful seats, blind-spot monitoring system, and a superior audio sound system. The cabin is also quiet, and AC is powerful. After 4 years, nothing has broken, in spite of the car's electronic complexity, and the interior still looks very good because of the high quality of the materials. This model has been overlooked by most people, and is now discontinued, but I believe I've owned a gem.

I can't believe I bought a Volvo
By jim6090

2014 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife drives an 2010 XC60.
I
have always enjoyed it.
Shopping for a car for me took me down
a wide variety of paths.
BMW and MBs Audi, Lexus and more.
I wanted a fun, economical and safe car being a grandfather of 4.
My old wagon was a 2010 chipped Passat.
Enjoyed it, but just didn't feel safe and secure.

After much research I ordered a 2014 T6 with the platinum package.
Again more research.
Had the Polestar installed.
Can you say WOW.
If you want a fun car that gets low 20s on the highway.
You just won't believe how well this car drives.
It will surprise you.
Seats are most comfortable
of any car period.
Any price and brand.
I tried them all! I am 6 ft 2.
250

0-60 low 6s maybe high 5s. Seats seats seats. Never having to have a key out of my pocket. Killing sound system. Having my wife love the car.

Make IPD stabilizer bar the factory choice. I added it to make handling even better.