Skip to main content

Save as much as $5,904
Select your trim:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Infotainment System Improved, but Still Needs Work

Disappointed and Dismayed, 10/03/2021
updated 04/05/2022
2022 Volvo XC60 B6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

Volvo has clearly made an effort to work with Google to improve the content available through its new infotainment system, which has provided more capabilities than initially delivered and led to an improvement in our overall rating. A 5-star car otherwise, the infotainment system still is somewhat quirky and frequently counter-intuitive. Google Navigation works very well, but the satellite radio / app functions still require much more attention than safe-driving protocols should warrant. For an automobile company as safety-conscious as Volvo, these deficiencies are especially troublesome and disturbing. Thus, even though we can upgrade our overall rating of this car to a 4 (from a 2 previously), there is still a good bit of room for improvement. Though we love Volvo’s subscription program and loved our 2021 XC60, the 2022 model substitutes a Google-developed infotainment system for the proprietary Volvo system in its earlier models … and it is a disaster! No SiriusXM, no Apple CarPlay, and extremely limited selections to add Apps from the Google Play Store (no Amazon Music, no Overcast podcasting app, and who knows what else). One has to wonder how such obvious shortcomings were allowed to proceed into production. Hasn’t Volvo ever heard of “back-testing” its changes? And what’s worse is that when I queried BOTH the dealership and Volvo Customer Service on when these shortcomings would be addressed, their answers were the same: “we don’t know”. Now, to be sure, I should have done better research before we started a new subscription, but that’s MY problem … but if I can help others avoid my same mistake, that will be some consolation.

Not what I expected

XC60 man , 11/12/2021
updated 11/15/2022
2022 Volvo XC60 B5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

I have the 2022 Volvo XC60 Momentum AWD and it honestly was nice for the first few days. It rides well and is really quiet. I feel safe in the car for the most part. Sound system is okay and the car is nice on the inside. However, I have less than 1000 miles on my car and im already having electrica issues. It clicks when it's off and my infotainment system seems to shut down randomly and honestly, it's not what I was expecting. Im pretty disappointed since I now have to take it in to get it checked out and fixed which is going to kill time and it's not that I have a lot to spear right now during the holidays. If i wanted electrical issues, I would have purchased a BMW. If it keeps happening then I might just return the car and get something more reliable like an Acura or Lexus.

So dissatisfied!

BuyerInStuartFL, 11/29/2021
2022 Volvo XC60 B6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Purchased this car, only 7 miles on it. I had it for 3 days before infotainment system went out. Volvo dealer replaced that, then picked up the car and had for only 4 days and the brake system failed almost resulting in an accident. Car is back at Volvo dealership. It’s my 1st Volvo so can’t speak from past experience but for a $60k vehicle, that’s brand new, I’m extremely frustrated and very disappointed. Buyers remorse to say the least.

1 out of 5 stars

How was this car approved for sale?

Charlotte P., 01/31/2022
2022 Volvo XC60 B5 Inscription 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Owned my 2022 XC60 for 3 months. Of that 3 months, it has been in shop 5 times. Everything seems to malfunction at one time or another. From talking with mechanics and advisors, I am far from the only one having these issues. This will probably be the last Volvo I ever purchase. What a let down.

2 out of 5 stars

Malfunctioning electrical system

Abby H, 01/28/2022
2022 Volvo XC60 B5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Purchased a 2022 Volvo XC60 Momentum B5 AWD on December 8 2021. I noticed the car makes clicking noises randomly even when it is supposed to be off. First had to take the car back to the dealer on January 13, 2022 because a park assist alarm started alarming on the evening of January 12 and would not stop alarming unless the car was turned off and then locked from the outside. This was resolved on January 13 after over 2 hours at the dealership. On January 19, 2022, I found the car to be completely dead, sitting in my parking lot. It would not respond to either key or the app, so I had to open the manual key to get in to the car. It would not start, did not respond at all electrically. I had to spend half of the day attempting to get a tow truck from Volvo roadside assist to take the car to the dealership. I also needed a loaner car because I work 500 miles away (as a nurse at a hospital) and had to be at work the next afternoon. I was given a sedan, 1 year older than the car I purchased and with less features. 1 week later, today, the dealer is still working with volvo technical support to resolve issues which are coming and going while the car is in their service department. They state it had no problems when they first started it there, but "is having problems now." I am now getting a 2020 SUV as a loaner from them because I need a bigger vehicle. Neither loaner is equivalent to the car I purchased brand new. I unfortunately just read many reviews on Edmunds.com detailing similar electrical problems that persist with this specific car. I am a single woman who drives long distances to work and could be in danger if I'm in an electrically unreliable car that might just not start. It isn't safe for me to wait for this to happen twice for lemon law. I've made 1 payment on this car. They bought my perfectly working Toyota 4runner from me as a trade and have since sold it. I've filed a complaint with the BBB and will be going to talk to the general manager of Volvo San Diego tomorrow, then on to hiring an attorney/filing a complaint with the attorney general.

12345...15