Used 2005 Volvo S60 R Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo S60 R Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (57 reviews )

Best Sport Sedan You Can Buy Under 10K
By sportscarnut

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Fantastic performance and sound from the 300HP 5 cylinder. Very good reliability compared to other cars at this performance level. Insanely cheap compared to similar cars from other manufacturers. The Atacama leather option is really unique, and it ages well. Volvo is very good about using common parts between their car product lines (the timing belt kit fits pretty much every car they made for a 15 year run), so parts are readily available and cheap. It gets fantastic gas mileage (28 MPG highway on premium only). On the downside, the factory stereo is pretty awful (highly recommend upgrading to a quality aftermarket stereo), the paint on the body rails is not nearly as well done as the rest of the body, and the AWD system makes regular alignments a must (a recommend buying a lifetime alignment when you buy the car). The V70R wagon is pretty much the same car, but the highly-desirable 6 speed manual is far rarer in the wagon.

Cheap speed swede
By Roinebror@yahoo.com

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Funnest car I've owned yet!
By Justin

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a 24 year old college grad that needed a car that had curb appeal, but performance! I owned a 2003 S60 2.5t AWD but had found this car being traded in by the last owner when I was changing the oil! It's my best purchase yet to date. I have the areo ground effects package with 18 inch rims. I did a few performance upgrades and tunes, so it's definitely not stock. I'm pushing 438 at all wheels however I have 487 torque! Runs 11 seconds all day long. Great sleeper!

Great trunk space. The handling scares my girlfriend and gives me the thrills! The comfort level of the seats are outstanding! However my favorite are the brakes. If there is an issue take your feet off the clutch and gas and slam then down on the brakes and they will react! Outstanding car!

Back seat interior stinks

Original Owner
By Rick

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok so I have only put 7000 miles on this car in three years yet all the time I enjoyed every minute of it. The first S60 R I owned in 2004 was a lemon and returned then I got this one the metallic green with atacanda leather and every option. This car is fast and furious and drives better than my 75 Corvette by far. I'll never get rid of it. I have had almost zero problems.

Front bucket seats and engine

A little more clearance on the ground effects and better turn radius

Good buy, Great car
By marky mark

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car! I am only 18 but I love my parents for getting me it, what can I say, were a volvo family. My dad has the s80 and the s60r brings the sport back to volvo. I also have an 2000 s70 glt which is fun, but doesnt compare. I only wish I had gotten manual.... except in those traffic jams

The seats are very comfortable. None of my friends can believe a volvo is that fast. I love the turbo and the 300 horsepower. The suspension is excellent as well.

Leg room in the back.... they should have made it a two door cause none of my friends can get in. The aero kit isn't very reliable, already replaced two front bumpers, poorly bolted.