Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Superb Vehicle

puppytrek, 06/19/2004

Totally Cool! This blows the doors off the Accord and Camry I was considering. Mistral Green is beautiful and the fit & finish are excellent. Safety is my main concern and this car line has it all standard. The center control is like a remote-and there is so much you can program. I never have to turn on/off my lights-it does it automatically! The engine is responsive and great on fuel. I will be travelling a great deal and I needed the safety features that I would have had to pay extra for with a different vehicle (not a Volvo). Drive it-you won't regret it.

Excellent car for the money!

Ken Y., 02/21/2005

I purchased my 2004 S40 on 9/2003 with a $4000 rebate and free maintenance for 3 yrs. The 170hp turbo has plenty of power and the 5-speed automatic is great. This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I currently have 33k miles on it. This car has features like auto climate control and heated seats that are usually only found on larger vehicles. They put synthetic oil in from the factory so you only have to go back for an oil change every 7,500 miles. This car is also very fun to drive and it handles the road like a champ.

S40 Good but could be so much better...

btp, 07/11/2005

I have driven the car on long trips as well as used it as a commuter and the driver comfort is excellent as are the interior features. My S40 is the 5spd manual non-T5 yet I LOVE the responsiveness and handling of the car in all types of weather - and the good mileage! (way better than auto-trans). I got the winter mats (a must for a New England winter) and had the dealer install - those little buttons that hold the mats in place REALLY should be fastened better. The other nag is that I get intermittent wind noise/whistle from somewhere in back. I dread the first rattle - PLEASE dont be a Ford and rattle after 30k miles! -the fuses for the 12volt were dead when I bought it...bummer.

Fantastic Ride

smokeone, 10/04/2003

So far it is fantastic! We wanted a car with loads of safety features, but we also like quick and sporty. The S40 is all of the above and really not much more expensive than the competitors, considering the great build quality.

Volvo S40 LSE AS R

Mr.Garza, 03/01/2004

Overall a great car. Going to Grossinger Volvo in Lincolnwood, Illinois was a hassle, they have a terrible service center, and when we terminated a lease of a 2000 Toyota Camry XLE they lost the keys, manual to the car and never returned it on time(recieved bills from toyota). Great car for the money. It would have been better if they had told us about the new redesigned 2004.5 Volvo S40. The service is terrible they don't know the parts of the car, they don't know how to fix problems with the car(squeking noise when braking), and they don't know which car you own, last time they brought us the wrong car!!!Don't go to Grossinger!!!

12345...20