Used 2008 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Reviews

Used R32 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Just got one with 42k miles

Bop , 04/04/2020
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

There are after market sway bars on her and she handles amazing. 0 body roll. Enough power to accelerate off the apex. I love it

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

4.75 out of 5 stars

Solid

CA, 09/06/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Bought this R32 used with 12k miles. It is everything that I thought it would be. Solid build, handling, acceleration. DSG is surprisingly quick and responsive. 23 MPG mixed so far but am surprised at the amount of revs in top gear. This engine could easily handle a taller gear and would probably get better gas mileage. Unlike others, I think this vehicle is exactly what it was made to be and should be. "FUN" The only thing I'm disappointed in is the IPOD adapter. $75 Harmon Kardon add on unit does a far better job.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Worth the Wait

jn, 09/08/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I was set on buying a GTI until i found a dealer that was selling their last 2 R32s for $4K below the list price (including the VW rebate) instead of $4K over like my local VW dealer. I ended up paying $29.3K (without Nav.) which is only about $3-4K more that an optioned up GTI. So far the car has lived up to its billing. The power is more than adequate for in town driving, the handling is great and the exhaust note is pure magic. The gas mileage is even acceptable as long as you keep your foot out of it. It was the Reader's Reviews on Edmunds that convinced me to got for it and i have not been disappointed.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Fun car!

604doc, 11/05/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

This car wasn't even a consideration for me until a friend told me about it. I fell in love with the car on the test drive. It's comfortable on long drives, and just a hoot zipping around the city. It's hard to drive the car "easy", so I'm not sure of the MPG yet.

4.13 out of 5 stars

A TON of Fun!

travelingman, 01/03/2009
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I bought my blue R32 (with nav) in April and drive 85 miles a day to work. This car is a great commuting car; fun to drive, comfortable ride but a ton of torque at any speed. I have had an Audi S4 and S6 and neither is as fun as this car. The only two things that I have added to the car is a clear bra and a Parrot blue tooth system that integrates directly to to the phone button on the steering wheel. It works wonderfully with my iphone 3G.

12345...10