Used 2008 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Reviews

Used R32 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

The Perfect Hatch!

Phikes, 11/06/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Buy this car! The build quality is in Audi territory. The interior is great (steering wheel feels fantastic in hand). The car has grip for days, the body might roll a bit but the AWD goes exactly where you want it. Not to mention one of the best shades of blue ever. And yes it is FAST! The mid range passing power is always right there. I drove both the STI and EVO, they are both faster, but that's the ONLY place they beat the R32. Both the STI and EVO have interior build quality that suggests the occupants were only an after thought.

3.13 out of 5 stars

Real recalls

Echo346, 12/29/2009
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

After a year and a half this vehicle has had THREE major recalls. One required dropping the entire fuel tank (read nightmares involved with this on VW forums). I will not go into my adventure with this except to say VW service is questionable. Now the DSG transmission (mine is starting get "clunky") just got the latest recall. Be careful when buying a used one. Ergonomics are strange. AUX input in glove box, Bluetooth controls on steering wheel, however, Bluetooth is not an option (dealer will not tell you this unfortunately), cruise control is a switch on turn indicator (should have put it where the worthless phone button is on the steering wheel), paddle shifters are small.

3.63 out of 5 stars

From BMW to R32 and Back

crooner12, 05/11/2010
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I purchased a 2008 R32 back in January. It was a great little car, had good performance thanks to the AWD, and sounded magnificent with the dual exhaust. Coming from an '06 Z4 3.0i, it was a totally different experience. Not as luxurious and not has sporty handling, but it felt just as fast. Ultimately, I missed the convertible and didn't think the "boy-racer" styling fit my personality, so I traded it in for a BMW 135i convertible.

3.75 out of 5 stars

I made a big mistake.

alleyoop, 08/21/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I paid too much for a Over Steroid GTI. Not a bad vehicle but not what I expected for the price. I only have 901 miles on it and it sits in the garage. When I do take it out I pray that someone will steal it or total it out. I can't even give away as a cheap trade in. Basically, I did not do my homework.

4.63 out of 5 stars

3 mo after driving car - my impressions.

z0mb13, 04/29/2012
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

So I finally jumped overboard and got the car ive always wanted. It put me in the hole but I was able to get it. Perma smile when driving is not uncommon. Much undesired attention from kids. Plenty of HP/TQ as expected. I had an 02 VR and fell in love with the exhaust note, the R32 has not let me down.

12345...10