Used 2008 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Reviews

Used R32 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

42K follow up

CA, 06/12/2010
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Follow up from Sep 2008 when I bought it w/ 12k miles. I now have 42k on this car and it remains rock solid. Over time I've gotten very used to getting the most out of it without killing gas mileage. It's best on long twisty road and takes 20 mph S-turns at 60-70 mph w/o even thinking about it and is so much fun to drive. I get 23 combined and 26 highway MPG but still think it needs a taller 6th gear. It's hard to find a better AWD car. AWD and DSG maintenance is spendy and only had a strut go bad. With all that said I wonder what it would do with an additional 100 hp.

Still Great at 25K Miles

J D Sharp, 06/04/2009
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I wrote about my car shortly after receiving it in 2007. Here we are nearly two years later, and I still love it. No mechanical problems at all. Gas mileage is still mediocre (25mpg at very best, all highway driving, more like 18 in the city . . .) but understandable when there's so much power on tap. Seats continue to be completely supportive even after two years. Just wanted to chime in and say that the enthusiastic glow that so many of us feel right after buying a car has continued with this one. My favorite car I have ever owned, and that includes a long string of Audis, BMWs and various Japanese makes. No regrets whatever.

2008 VW R32

jack, 06/28/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

My wife drives a 2007 bmw 328ix and she loves her car but takes the R32 whenever she gets the chance, for a little more excitement. The complete package is almost perfectly balanced between comfort, performance, safety and can I Dare to say fuel economy. The one thing that stand out among any of the other pocket rockets on the market is the styling. No other car can really compare to the dynamic styling of this car inside and out. It is outside the box and beyond smart. I give it an 11 handling is sweet will keep up with anything on the hairpin road and the some.

Gas Line Problems

Chris, 07/17/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I too love this vehicle. It is sporty, functional, and fairly comfortable. However, as some of you have mentioned, I too have had this gas tank problem. My R32 was idling when it just started dumping multiple gallons of gas everywhere. The tank wasn't full and it came from the underside of the car. The VW people assure me that this problem was unique to my car. However, all the parts are back ordered. The have had my car for almost 2 weeks and said it could be 2-3 weeks more. Sounds like VW needs to admit this design flaw.

What a great car

ITworks, 06/13/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Over the years I have owned or purchased a number of performance vehicles, a short summary: 1997 BMW M3, 2001 BMW M Coupe, 2003 Honda S2000, 2006 Porsche Boxster S. I do have to say the R32 doesn't quite hit the handling and performance of some of these cars, but it does something none of them could do (with the exception of the 97 M3) and that is provide performance and practicality. It certainly beats the M3 in bad weather because of AWD, but in pure head banging acceleration, you won't get it with the R32. What you will get is manners, knowing that the car in under your control, not the other way around, which happens when people buy too much car for their capability. The R32 is great!

12345...10