2017 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Massive room inside, and pretty/fun
By Spike_africa

2017 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE w/Technology 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

While looking for a car that was big enough for our new incoming baby. Easy to get into and out of. Loading a unloading a car seat was a big deal for us. Also I am over 6' and 240lbs so I wanted something the wife could drive and I could also easily get into. The Passat meets all of those things all while having massive rear seat room, and huge trunk. While the v6 is faster and I wanted that badly. I couldn't make myself pay for it. So instead with the massive aftermarket the VW cars have. I was able to lower it 1", to firm up the ride a hair and make it more sport, put on stickier tires, and added a tune to it. Its fun to drive in the corners, and actually pulls pretty nicely now to red line. All while the being able to have the wife drive it daily and get over 24mpg city and over 33mpg highway and not notice a thing is a different. It's a fantastic family car, and our third VW in a row. We had an 06 TDI Jetta before, then a 13 Passat TDI, and now the 17 Passat TSI. Great cars for eating up miles and being very comfy.

Passat R-line is the best looking sedan!
By Eddie

2017 Volkswagen Passat Sedan R-Line 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Passat is a very nice car. Turns heads all the time. If only VW would make this car its own trim (already did for 2017 but for 2018 and on) with better specs and equipment. When I was car shopping for a large sedan, the Passat offered me THE space (for my son's car seat), good car looks, fuel economy, and great looking interiors. A few may say that the Passat is an old guy's car but in reality I am almost 30 and like that elegant/sporty look of what this 2017 Passat offers. Even better, the unique color, Urano Gray that my Passat has. Good job on that VW. Make this Passat a 2.0, give its own spotlight as the 2018 Passat GT without the ugly two tone seats, enhanced engine, PUSH button start, keyless entry/remote start, fender audio system preferably 1000 watts and basically the rest of the SEL Premium features and bammmmm! The perfect Passat. This car is great on gas. Accelerates super good. On a full tank the car displays 475mi and actually consumes 420mi (city/highway).

Great buy on new 2017 Passat
By Steven Bradley

2017 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE w/Technology 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The dealer had a new 2017 Passat left in 2018 so it was marked down 10grand.Paid 19,000 for a very nice car.Drives excellent,really nice technology.Passat drives like a much more expensive German luxury sedan.Looks great with bright LED headlights,nice rims,and a classy look.I have driven Camry and Accord which are very nice cars but the Passat feels more solid and the safety ratings are excellent.

Looks great, driving comfort not so good
By Uncomfortable Passat owner

2017 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had been driving a 2007 Mazda 3 with over 216,000 miles when I decided it was time for a second car, I did a lot of research and comparison shopping. My decision came down to a toss up between a Passat and a Mazda 6, Passat is by far the best bang for he buck, the price on this thing just couldn't be beat. It's $31,000 car that I got for $20,000 with only 7500 miles on it and 1 year old. I will say that I love the look of the Passat, the technology is good, the drive is good, handling is ok when compared to the Mazda 3. The one thing that will make me trade this car in is the driver seat comfort, it is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven, I've had the car for several months now and still cannot find a comfortable seat position. I have instant back pain every time I get behind the wheel. That is really my only complaint about the Passat, If I can find a comfortable position I will be in love with the car, if not I will continue to hate it until it's gone!

My first VW
By Amy in Austin

2017 Volkswagen Passat Sedan R-Line 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had this car for 2 days. So far I love it. The only thing I wish it had, was a sliding arm rest. I'm 5ft, and have the seat all the way forward to reach the peddles. I like to lean a bit over and rest my arm when I'm driving. I have to drive with both hands now. LOL.