Used 2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Thirteen years old and still going strong
By jsnoWVen

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2004. Other than a few minor recall items, it has never been back to the dealership; I have an honest, reliable mechanic who has done the maintenance and repairs for me. I have faithfully performed all scheduled maintenance on the car with the exception of the timing belt, which I replaced early on the advice of the mechanic. This car has been 100% dependable, is a joy to drive, and looks good, too. I fully expect to be driving this car well into the future.

Wonderful road hugger
By JG DC

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The card handles so well, hugging curves and effortlessly making turns. Little effort required. The engine is there for you when you need to make your moves. I love the sliding tilting sunroof and the leather interior. The seats show no wear, stay clean and are very comfortable to sit on. Lots of safety features and easy handling. The cold weather package ensures the front seats warm up in the coldest weather, adding to comfortable heating system. Winter isn't a problem with anti-slip and anti skid steering. A car that is meant for cruising the highway on long trips in safety and comfort! I don't want to sell or trade it in. I will drive it until is ready for that great wrecking yard in the sky!

hear me out please!
By Thomas Routhier

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon W8 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

focus on your findings, accept fact us used car buyers want to know professional folks considerations on features, and overall reliability....Don't dawdle get to recommendations be fair but bad is bad, poor poor, good good, great great, and please if using adds....... slim down......My view? Your features GREAT GREAT!

We're never ever ever getting back together
By Terri

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

My father passed in 2009 and the car was given to me with 17,000 miles on it. The car has always been garaged.
I cannot drive the car now and it only has 53000 miles on it (12/2015) When I got the car I took it to Volkswagen and had a costly 3000 bill.

Now the boots are gone
Air conditioning is shot
Catalytic converter went out
power steering went out
Can only use cruise control if head lights are in the bright position The cruise goes out if I make a right turn.

Get oil change every twice a year, had power steering fluid changed 2 years ago

Had to get
new radiator
oil leaks
all new hoses, there was a lot more but I don't have my records available at the moment

I cant even remember all of it

The mileage is terrible. Between 14 and 16 miles per gallon Had all tune ups

I WOULD NEVER BUY A VOLKSWAGEN AGAIN

Would love to sell the good parts

Trad d In the Car 2016- Emissions Tests Problems
By nancy wiggins

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love the handling& has enough power to make mountain trips a breeze. Replacement parts are too expensive for me. Low height is easy entry & a great feature but front bumper & oil pan (replaced 4 times-speed bumps)are too low. Very costly continuous repair on poor US roads.(NC&SC). Bought it to serve as a company car to haul executives as well as a personal car. Works well on both counts.Got the German made luxury edition and have enjoyed the features. The emissions system is a problem.