Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

STAY AWAY!!
By Chris H.

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I baught my 08 jetta wolfburg used based on reviews, I picked this car over a acura which i regret every day..the DSG transmissions are [non-permissible content removed] and vw knows it.. they extended the warranty to June 28, 2018 or 100,000 miles..plus there is a recall on the DSG transmission but only for cars made Between Sept.08 - Aug. 09.. So I have all the common transmission issues stated in the recall but I have 130,000 (which I thought was nothing for vw) and they wont touch it..even though it's admittedly a faulty part they offer no assistance whatsoever.. they want me to pay $550 for them to change transmission fluid knowing damn well it won't fix anything..(it was changed at 100,000)..what a joke..STAY AWAY from this car or any car with a DSG transmission..its a hazard for my wife to drive with our children or for anybody to drive..it'll cost me more than the car is worth to fix..STAY AWAY!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED..

Love it
By Toddr

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Great car

Great car
By J chesney

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Good Value and a Good Ride
By Rob

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Pros: Fun to drive (stick shift), Dependable, Paint has stayed bright, This S model (base) has many conveniences found only on more expensive cars, such as all four windows power up and down automatically, many hooks in the trunk for attaching grocery bags, etc., two power sockets, good arm rest between front seats.

Cons: Relatively poor mileage for the engine size, Weak Brakes (most VWs).

2008 Jetta Wolfsberg Edition
By ilchqb11

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my Jetta brand new at 0 miles and just yesterday I passed 100,000 miles and I have to say this is by far the best car I have ever owned; however, some people don't realize that owning and maintaining a VW takes a little bit of work. In order to make sure your vehicle lasts a long time it is vital that you stay up-to-date with recommended maintenance and NEVER get work done at a location other then a licensed Volkswagen dealership. If you follow those 2 simple rules you will be more than happy. I've heard horror stories about people buying a Jetta and having terrible experiences with it; yet they never really took the effort to take care of it or take it in for routine maintenance.

My favorite features about the 2.0T FSI engine is the amount of aftermarket work you can put into it that makes it run even smoother and longer including ECU upgrades, exhaust system upgrades (that will NEVER rust), brakes, etc. Personally I would recommend using APR products because of the fact it doesn't compromise daily drivability. The interior is also fabulously built with quality materials; not like the fake noisy plastic you find on most imports.

If there is one complaint about the car that I have to give it would be the suspension. The stock suspension makes you feel every bump/crack on the road which in turn creates a very bumpy ride. I was fooled at first because of my older car but after about 60,000 miles my back began to feel the difference; and now at 100,000 miles I'm beginning to look at new suspension kits to see if I can create a smoother ride. The upside to this though is once I replace it it will last forever. Take care of your Jetta and it WILL take care of you.