Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...34

Pros
Cons

2008 VW Jetta SE Auto

carnut1973, 01/31/2011
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2008 Jetta SE (auto) brand new. My wife was the primary driver on our Jetta and we could not have been more pleased with the Jetta. In fact, 7 months later I bought a 2007 Jetta GLI for myself. We considered an Accord Coupe but the Jetta was $3,000 less and had more features. The car now has over 50,000 miles on it and still has not had any repairs--just regular maintenace...still on original brakes and tires, even. City driving returned around 22 mpg and highway driving would return up to 35 mpg...usually averaged 32-33 mpg on road trips. Quiet and comfortable to drive, cavernouse trunk and loaded with features.

third times a charm??

5peedornospeed, 10/12/2011
S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

my mom has had Jettas as her past two cars (a 1997 with 170,000 and a 2002 currantly with 100000 on it) both cars have never given any problems out of the normal range of expected maintanence so i decided on the 2008 jetta s as my next car. so far im very impressed, i got it with 54000 miles on it and it now has 62000. i have only owned the car a month. the first week i had it i took it from RI, to NC to CO(phish) and back to RI. the car isnt old enough for me to judge reliability but so far everything seems solid and the car seems very well built. i will update this review once i have put some real milage on the car.

Best in class

Joe, 11/06/2008
Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I got the wolfsburg instead of a passat 2.0T wagon 3 months ago. so far we all like it and enjoy each ride very much. Even for a short ride it is fun to speed the car a little with great engine power at all speed. Taking corners is very precise and better than most sedan on the market. steering and handling are very impressive. I use the DGS control mode all the time and it is very quick to shift a gear or two. The Jetta and especially the Wolsfburg is a great driver car and my choice for best car under 25K

2008 Jetta Wolfsberg Edition

ilchqb11, 08/18/2013
Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my Jetta brand new at 0 miles and just yesterday I passed 100,000 miles and I have to say this is by far the best car I have ever owned; however, some people don't realize that owning and maintaining a VW takes a little bit of work. In order to make sure your vehicle lasts a long time it is vital that you stay up-to-date with recommended maintenance and NEVER get work done at a location other then a licensed Volkswagen dealership. If you follow those 2 simple rules you will be more than happy. I've heard horror stories about people buying a Jetta and having terrible experiences with it; yet they never really took the effort to take care of it or take it in for routine maintenance.

Used 2008 Jetta, fell in love on a Sunday!

geekygirl, 10/02/2012
S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I drove a smart car for three long years. Sunday morning I started searching the Internet, for maybe a new car I was looking for something different but I haven't had before. I ran a cross at 2008 white Jetta, it had no pictures but I ended up going to the dealership before it even opened. The door was unlocked and I fell in love instantly so I traded my 2008 Smart car for the pretty white Jetta. To date I have had 87 cars in the last 15 years mostly high-end I love the ride of the Jetta and the super large trunk which I didn't have with the smart. I am looking forward to many more years and yes cars are cars they all have problems no matter what.

12345...34