Used 2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Jetta SportWagen for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Took delivery today...

djvinmsn, 08/10/2011

My scores may be a little optimistic -- I just took delivery today of a Platinum Gray JSW TDI with automated DSG. No warts yet! Traded in a 2003 Audi A4 Avant -- amazed at how similar the two cars looked when parked next to each other at the dealership.

So far so great

screenname420, 03/25/2012

Bought car, went on 300 mile trip right out the dealer. Awesome time. The whole family loves it and we are already planning the next trip. I got the manual and I got the 86000 mile warrantee so I don't care about anything breaking down. Triple checked that dealer would cover HPFP failure.

Love this TDi

kerriet, 04/30/2012

I purchased my SportWagen Tdi in February of 2012. I absolutely love this vehicle. It drives like a dream: handling is fantastic, mpg is off the charts (and it is still far from being broken in), creature comforts of the interior are wonderful. I really like the exterior styling. It's a sharp vehicle.

Perfect balance of performance, ecomony, and practicality!

bjudd4, 10/06/2012

I took delivery of my '12 JSW TDI in Dec. 2011, and have put over 17k miles on it in less than a year! My other vehicle is a '07 VW GTI and although the TDI of course does not match it's performance, I have to say that as an automotive enthusiast I still very much enjoy driving the TDI with its generous amounts of torque. Driving it as I would drive any normal car (a little lead-footed...) I still consistently see 42mpg without a problem, and 45mpg+ if I am driving economy-minded. Had no prob starting in below zero temps in NY winter. My wife and I recently had a baby, and the car seat fits in the rear without a problem, and there is plenty of cargo room for luggage, stroller, etc.

One month of pure Fahrvergnugen " driving enjoyment"

bygrace, 08/12/2012

As of today we have owned our 2012 Jetta Sportswagon TDI for one month. After owning large pick ups for most of my driving lifetime; I was skeptical about comfort. But it is not a concern at all. The seats & interior design make for a very comfortable ride; even long distance. My husband is 6'4" & about 230lbs & fits comfortably & says he has plenty of head & leg room. We both love the power of the turbo charged diesel. And the MPG is GREAT!!! We have not gotten less than 45 mpg & that was due to city driving & sitting still in a drive through for over 10 min. Otherwise, it has been getting between 47 & 55 mpg on the Highway. Haven't changed any driving habits either.