Skip to main content

Used GTI for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example

Pros
Cons
3.25 out of 5 stars

Not so good after 5 Months

englander1, 01/25/2012
2011 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Well I blame myself for not doing my homework, but reliability has been less than poor. Three times in the shop for Oil Separator, Water Pump and Oil Pressure Sensor. Like many state VW Customer Service is terrible. When its not in the shop its a great car. Handles well, fuel consumption is also a big plus. I don't tend to keep cars long but this may be a record even for me, may be gone for the first oil change.

Best car I ever owned

new11gti, 06/24/2011
2011 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am one of those types of people that buy a new car every year. To name a few of my favorites I owned, Honda Prelude, Suburu STI, Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord. My 2011 GTI is by far my favorite. The look, the feel, the performance..I could go on for days. If you are thinking about getting one, take it for a test drive and you will not regret it.

7 years later...

GTIGR, 08/27/2012
updated 11/18/2019
2011 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's been already 7 years with the GTI (6M, Autobahn). It is my daily commuter. Also, I often use the GTI for road trips with the entire family. Quite a few times, I've been window shopping for a 2 series or a golf R. But this car has been aging really well. She remains very playful and practical. It turns out I can't give her away. Three years ago, I added an APR stage 1 tune... fell in love all over again. I had to upgrade to an RSR clutch due to the increased torque. The car still makes me giggle every time I put my foot down. Overall, the interior remains in outstanding condition with absolutely no squeaks (and germanic fit and finish). I've had minor issues with the only thing being oil changes every 7,000 miles. The only thing that broke was the water pump at 40k (known issue). Preventative maintenance included replacing timing chain tensioner, diverter valve, coil pack and plugs (the latter three updates are related to the tune). Recently, I updated my infotainment with an Alpine system to bring CarPlay functionality and 'modernize' the interior. I could easily install the system myself and the infotainment is fully integrated with the Dynaudio amplifier and the steering controls. In conclusion, take care of her and you'll end up having a practical fun little car. As Jeremy Clarkson said: "For me this car is perfect. And if you’re honest, it’s perfect for you too."

4 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

Looking of something fun?

DR007, 10/06/2010
2011 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my 4dr GTI Autobahn about 2 weeks ago. In this time, it has continued to surprise me in every way possible. I traded my Infiniti G37s coupe on this, looking for something that was sporty, fun and bigger. It is a blast to drive and has all the features most of us could ever need.

Smiles all around

bucknut, 11/14/2010
2011 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought in September and now have just over 3,000 miles. Always puts smile on my face. Is it the fastest in it's class, no. Reality is after the first week or two... how many 0-60 trials are you really doing? I wanted sporty, fun, fast that could still get the fam around. My finalists were BMW 328i, Audi A4, GTI, and CC. Questioned reliability of BMW recently, Audi was my choice, but ultimately was able to get more features but same fit & finish in the VW for less. Liked the CC which but I felt I really needed the flexibility of the middle seat. Hello GTI, hello smiles, waves, thumbs ups from onlookers. I get seat of the pants fun w/mpg like my Honda. Can't beat German handling & feel

12345...7