Used 2005 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

All Good

ndotym, 07/31/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a Great little hatchback, the turbo is excellant, all of the controls are in good reach, and the seats are great. I have no complaints, after pulling the rear middle head reast out.

Awesome!

Pete, 09/16/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 2005 Volkswagen GTI is absolutely amazing. My previous car was a mid-90's BMW 325i and let me tell you, it's just as luxurious as the bimmer, minus the power seats but hey now I have heated seats for the winter :). The car is quiet and comfortable but upon demand, the power is there to put a smile on your face. Handling? Absolutely amazing! These cars love the twisties! Now its competitors are the likes of the SRT-4, WRX, and RSX. The car is more comfortable and enjoyable then the rest, now power is an issue but there is a solution. If you don't care about warranty issues, chipping it is the best the best thing you can do! With APR software I beat modded RSX's,SRT-4's, and WRX's. Two words,buy it!

Total Fun

floyd, 09/18/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is a blast to drive, very safe, and has an interior like a BMW without the cost. It has looks to kill for. Its performance is outstanding, and its gas milage is great. I love the heated leather seats and one touch windows. I highly recommend it.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Great Kid Car

Jerome, 10/04/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently purchased a 2005 GTI 1.8T w/ the 5-speed manual transmission. This is an awesome car. I'm 21 yrs old and this is the best car i've ever owned. I previously had a 2000 VW Jetta, but this doesn't compare at all. I ordered this car with the 17" rims, luxury package, heated seats, 6-disc CD changer..etc. Nice package. I has good pickup, but the turbo needs to spool, but this car seems to love premium gas, because it consumes more than I would have thought...but thats ok, it's worht it. The reverse on VW's have always kind of hard to engage, but it gets better with time. Handling is great, expecially with my 17" rims on it. All in all, its a great kid car to have!

4.88 out of 5 stars

My GTI

Nicole, 10/18/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is awesome! I had a 1999 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition and that was my baby until this. The 1.8T engine in my '05 GTI is very responsive. I plan on keeping this car until it's in the ground. Hopefully that'll be a very long time.

12345...6