Used 2005 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

GTI in the true poket rocket

Serge, 08/30/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is very fun to drive one the autocross track as well as on the street. It has plenty of torque for the car this size, it is easy to modify, and it looks like a true sport compact.

4.88 out of 5 stars

The GTI Rocks!

stkshftgti, 01/03/2006
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The sporty turbocharged 4-cyl. engine once chipped ripped all sheds of doubt from the smaller K03S german engineered turbo, powered the 4-cyl. to well over 200HP and gave the VW the power it really needs to be a sporty coup. With a quick throttle responce and fast spool, the GTI outperforms most coups in the price range. this car has the tuning of a import turbo mixed with the luxury of a European one. I love it!

4.75 out of 5 stars

Buy the GTI

1.8 T 5 speed manual, 02/05/2006
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Volkswagen GTI is great for long trips or getting around in the city. It is loads of fun to drive and can really carry a lot of cargo when you put the back seat down. The leather interior is very good quality.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Love my GTI

texasgti, 02/08/2006
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a 2005 Volkswagen GTI and I love it. It is a blast to drive, the turbo spools up at about 3,000 to 3,500 rpm and then from there to redline it is a pocket rocket. The torque is there as well, even at low rpms. Passing on the highway is a breeze. You never need to downshift, just keep it in fifth and it will spool up and go. As far as comfort for the price nothing can touch it. It comes with heated seats, leather, power everything, a sunroof, great stereo, and 6 air bags. Also, when it comes to build quality, there is nothing that is better. I have a 7 year history with Volkswagens owned through the family, and no one has ever had any major problems to speak of.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Young again

redhead, 02/08/2005
VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

After waiting 6 months to get a GTI w/V6 and cloth interior, I am very pleased with my new Volkswagen. This is my first car with stick shift since my Corvair days. My wife and I took a 500 mile trip in a rain storm last weekend. I felt totally in control while driving on wet roads at interstate speeds. The GTI is very steady on the road and has plenty of power for acceleration at any speed. My red GTI really attracts attention and turns heads when this 67 year old guy gets out of his new car.

12345...6