Used 2005 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

GTi is great but..

GRweigh, 05/18/2008
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my GTi it's a great car, but I don't like how it only about gives 27 mpg. You would think that a small hatch back would way less then 3000 pounds and save pretty good gas. I understand that is turbo and it's cool. I think they should at least have tried to make it a 30 mpg. I haven't so far experienced any problems other technical problems with the car but I think It is a pain to have to fill up the gas with premium. Especially the price on gas right now.

4.5 out of 5 stars

I look fly in my GTI 1.8T

lea, 06/25/2008
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my GTI its 5-manual love the way the turbo hits approx. 50 mpg to 80 and stops on a dime has the comfort as a 2006 lexus, I personally have two vehicles my other is ESCAPE 5- manual my GTI cannot compare to my other, I drive my GTI more than my escape. It's the way the onlookers around look at me flying in my ride.

4.88 out of 5 stars

My First Car, and an Absolute BLAST!

Chris O., 12/15/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Being a lifelong Manhattanite, getting a car is really a luxury. I was really close to buying a MINI Cooper S, but after much research I went with the Volkswagen GTI. I'm a musician, so I needed a little extra room for cargo. With the GTI comapred to the Cooper I get better top-speed, equal acceleration, better performance, almost-as-good MPG, and 25 cubic feet more cargo space, for thousands less! I can't say enough about how much fun it is to drive. The '05's don't have the slick style that the '06's will, but I like this boxy little guy. It looks so unassuming and frumpy. But then you step on the gas, and it says, "See ya!" Fun, fun, fun.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Fun to drive, great value!

bman33, 06/14/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The original sport compact and still the best. It is fun to drive and can be had for around $20,0000. I have been averaging 28 - 30 mpg. The interior quality is by far the best in this price range. The car is easy to chip, which adds up to 30 HP and 50 ft./lbs.of torque! When chipped, it will bury a $5,0000 more expensive Acura RSX Type S or Subaru WRX.

4.88 out of 5 stars

My GTI

GTI baby, 06/29/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my GTI, It has been very reliable, it has the speed that I need, handles very well, and on long road trip my husband would take my car over his Impreza any day. My GTI is fully loaded, and many people are very impressed with the interior, and its design. The gears are very smooth, not rough.

12345...6