Used 1994 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$761 - $1,797

Used Golf for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Good car as long as nothing breaks

Andrewx5, 12/16/2003

This car is great as long as you don't have to replace parts. Volkswagen parts are through the roof! I love my VW, but I need to part with it to get a car that has affordable parts.

Good and Bad

Gina , 10/02/2005

My 1994 Volkswagen Golf is expensive to fix, have has had lots of problems as its mileage increases. However, it is fun to drive, has very good pick up, and is faster than newer cars that I have driven.

Great car - I Bought It Twice

lowblackdub, 01/15/2006

I just re-purchased my 1994 Volkswagen Golf four years after selling it. It was such a good car and the only car I ever regret selling. I've covered 180,000 kms. in it and it has been solid, with no major problems to speak of. It still looks, rides, and runs like it did eleven years ago when I originally purchased it.

Great little car!

golf_driver, 03/26/2008

I got my Golf as a graduation gift in 2007 and have been fairly happy with it. The guy that owned it before me put a clutch in it after learning how to drive a standard, has some sketchy rust spots (originally a VT car), the engine cuts out at odd moments (due to the MAF sensor), and the radio died a silent death when the battery was disconnected one day. Also, the drivers door lock cylinder comes out with the key and the vacuum-powered locking system doesn't work. Other than that and some routine maintenance, I love my VW and plan on buying a Mk. 4 ASAP. All my friends envy me my sporty little car and want either a Golf or a Jetta now.

Awesome Car

MD VDUB GUY, 10/26/2002

This is the 4th car I have ever owned and I have to say I love it!!! I have had a Subary, Chevy and Audi cars and this one has to be the best (tied with the Audi) It has been reliable from day 1. Fun to drive, fast and easy parking. Gas millage is awesome! Does not depreciate a lot. My wife's 2000 Hyundai depreciated faster than my VW. Its a great car. Easy to Mod. Great car for commuting!!!