2020 Volkswagen Golf GTI Consumer Reviews

$28,595

Save as much as $4,604
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Wowzza

Lovin Life, 07/31/2020
S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a 2020 GTI-S. My other car is a BMW and after driving this little blaster, I gave the BMW to my wife! Excellent performance, visibility and braking. Love the interior and the fit and finish are way above average. You feel confident and connected to the road as though the car can read your thoughts. The ride is comfortable and controls are easy to read and/or reach. The car is a blast to drive and you can park this baby anywhere. Don’t know why others gave this vehicle a average rating...this is the quickest, best handling vehicle I have owned in years. If you have ever thought about buying a GTI...RUN..don’t walk to your dealer. You won’t be sorry.

Love my GTI

Thatsdebatable, 09/30/2020
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Test drove against the Elantra GT Nline, Mazda3 Hatch, and Honda Civic Si. The VW GTI was by far my favorite to drive of the bunch. Exterior - unassuming yet very functional hatch, love the led headlights Interior - mine came with leather seats which are very comfortable for my average male build, quiet comfortable cabin for long drives Engine - plenty of power for a sporty driving experience, most powerful engine of the cars I was comparing against, really enjoy the turbo thrust Trans - got the manual, clutch has good but not amazing feel, however not too light and not too heavy, shifter is fine for what it is given the fwd layout Ride/handling - with the VAQ diff the car handles neutrally during spirited driving on public roads, can't speak to handling at the limit, ride is on the stiffer side but not punishing Overall - a good mix of what one could want from a hot hatch. Felt the least comprised of the group. Good on gas given the power and smiles it puts out!

Most fun I’ve had driving

Rod Loewenthal, 12/06/2020
S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This little sports car is practical and fun. I’ve owned BMWs and Audis, and I have to say I’m enjoying this pocket rocket much more. The car is nimble, and the displays are logical. This car has been perfected for years.

Ad
Build Your Tiguan
At a Glance:
  • 4 Colors
  • 3 Trims
  • $25,245starting MSRP

Fun Fun Fun!

Koda, 11/09/2020
S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is the total driving package. Great handling and steering whether in tight corners or high speed sweepers. I love that the torque is rated higher than the HP. Quick acceleration. Just a great feel to everything!

car with zip

jan, 03/12/2020
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Quick off the mark. To accommodate the 4 doors, the trunk is quite small. In comparison to my 2008 GTI, the interior styling is not as sporty. However, it is just as speedy, good gas mileage, and fun to drive