Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

my 2008 Tundra is still going in 2018

Sean L. from NC, 05/14/2018
Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Tundra new in February 2008. It is a base model however it is still a very comfortable vehicle. The new vehicle reviews from that year were spot on, occasionally the automatic transmission shifts a bit clunky, but otherwise its a rock solid truck. In 10 years I have put money into a new radio, tailgate handle and a wiring issue. All other costs have been to maintain general wear and tear. At about the 4 year mark I had a fuel pump issue that the dealer warrantied even though they were not required to. as a 2008 mine is one of the years included in the frame rust class action issue. I had one place on the frame that I had repaired however I live in NC and do not have the frame issue that warrants being a part of the class action. My maintenance to date costs have been very reasonable. Overall this truck has been a rock solid purchaser that I am very grateful for. I have four kids and college costs etc. so I am planning on taking this truck to 300K. At 10 years old and almost 200K, I still really enjoy driving it.

amazing

mreyes6868, 08/14/2011

i love my tundra, its fast, powerful, reliable, and good on gas. never had a single problem on it. the 5.7 liter v8 is the only way to go, tows like a dream, i tow my 10,000 lb toy hauler up steep hills doing 70mph..... in my 05 ford 6.0 turbo diesel towing the same trailer i had to go peddal to the floor up hills and speed would drop down to 40 mph. in my tundra i feel much safer than the ford and much more powerful, i have NEVER had to go peddal to the floor on my tundra. my ford overheated twice on me. my tundra tows my trailer in 100 degree weather up steep hills without any problems.MY TUNDRA TOWS 10000 LBS BETER THAN MY FREINDS DODGE RAM 1500 TOWING 4500 LBS. its the best truck ever

Pleased but not completely satisfied

Big Jay, 10/17/2010

The truck has done everything I have wanted it to do. It has performed well off road, on the highway and in the snow. I have put it to work hauling and towing and it has not failed me. As discussed below, Toyota put cheap tires on the truck. I shouldn't have to replace them at 25K. One of the tires had a crack in it. The local Firestone dealer told me that they tires were to light for the truck. If do your own general maintenance such as oil changes, you will hate Toyota. Changing the oil is time consuming and difficult. See below. I think the under-seat storage bin should be standard. I recommend it. The gas mileage has been as expected: 11-14 in town and 16-18 on the highway.

Best gas truck on the market!!

Tim, 09/22/2009

I was very close to buying a diesel pick-up for hauling and longevity but after much research and many test drives I purchased the Tundra. It has TONS of power, rides as smooth as a car. I have hauled very heavy loads in the bed 1000+lbs and I really can't tell the difference. I do a lot of hunting in the mountains (Colorado) and it has done everything I need and then some. 15000 miles and absolutely no issues!

Motor Rocks

RF, 03/31/2010

My third Tundra (2001 SR5, 2005 SR5 4WD Crew). The motor simply rocks, its quiet, smooth and incredibly powerful. I tow a 5000 lb boat and you don't even know its there. The tranny works well while towing, but has trouble finding gears at slower speeds when not towing, especially when taking off from a light. Other than that, its my least favorite Tundra. It just doesn't feel well put together, the throttle is very punchy, I have several rattles and have had to replace the radio, oh and the little gas pedal recall. I commute and can routinely get 19 mpg if I use cruise control, which is awesome.

12345...23