Used 2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Feels good
By Gary

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The plastic covers over the seat belt hard points all broke off, more costomic than functional

Great Mid-sized truck. Perfect for pulling my boat
By Andy Tetre

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The brakes were the only thing that were of question. Just a little splashey. Gas mileage got a lot better since I replaced the gas cap..

My Best Vehicle Ever
By frank

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Back seats are uncomfortable. Low gear is a button on the dash...dumb. Hazard is near the low gear button. Other than that, a simply amazing vehicle. One set of brake pads in 175,000 miles (admittedly, a lot highway). One set of spark plugs. When I changed the timing belt (suicide is preferable) the old belt still looked fine. Power is incredible. Mileage only about 16 combined. I have never been so impressed with a vehicle's reliability...they need more stars for that category.

Good Truck......until.......
By miamioolite

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well. I wanted a full size truck that didn't outweigh a tank so this series of Tundra fit the bill.
Drives more car like, so agile easy to park. Acceleration is good when empty, huals well, tows well.
At 77k miles the air pump failed, disables the engine, $3k to fix. Not warrantied. Poorly made corner cutting part. Toyota won't help. I understand it has 77k on it, but Toyota quality in these mid years has gone down. Replaced the ball joint, window motor, motor mount. Maybe I got a bad car, but check out the Tundra forums. I am not alone. Not what toyota used to be.

Towing, comfortable, great driving truck!

Oyi. How about bump your quality back up instead of trying to be the biggest car maker in the world. Probably not buying a toyota again. Tiny parts cost the same as a new transmission. lame.

Big truck mileage, mid-sized performance.
By ygbsm

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I needed a vehicle for reliable transportation to replace my 20 year old F-150. The dealer offered me an awesome deal on a three year old, low mileage Tundra and I took it. Very comfortable, 100% reliable, handles well and holds its value.

On the downside is the mileage. Most of my driving is commuting to/from work and I feel fortunate if I get 15 MPG. I want to put a camper (slide-in pop-up type) on it and am extremely limited in what I can get. The tow capacity is more than what I've ever needed but I'd like to have more available.

My buddies with 3/4 ton trucks get better mileage than I do.

It's very comfortable and I never, EVER, have questioned whether or not it'll get me where I want to go. The stereo is good, the controls are easy/accessible and it cruises down the interstate with a solid feel.

Nothing...the truck has grown up. Even now, I'd be looking at American trucks for serious hauling capacity.