Used 2001 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Peace of mind
By Stephen Richards

2001 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great first vehicle for our son. AWD in this vehicle didn’t break the bank. Recommend for anyone.

Toyota Rav4 The car for you
By John Nader

2001 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Rav4 was always dependable. The gas mileage left a little to the low side. The body was not up to snuff. It got you from point A to point B. The repairs were starting to mount as the car got older. The ride was rough because of the short wheel base.

Still going strong
By Laura L

2001 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2001 Rav $ has been in the family since purchased new by my parents in Florida. Since they did not need AWD in Florida they purchased a 2WD version. We brought the Rav up north in 2006. It has done well in the snow with good tire treads. The repairs on this car have been the usual - new battery, tires, wiper blades. We recently replaced the shift cable. It's been a reliable car through 4 drivers and is still going strong. No rust. Solid.

Raving Over My 2001 RAV4
By Jo Gordon

2001 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Toyota RAV4 used from a dealership in Maryland in Spring of 2017. I had bought a Chrysler Town and Country used for my father to take him to doctor appointments and I needed a vehicle to transport both of my elder parents. Unfortunately, my father had to have his leg amputated early on into the year and I was stuck with a large mini-van that now had very little use. So I went out shopping for a SUV that wasn't going to stick me with sticker shock or expensive insurance. The dealership had the RAV4 listed for $7200 and this was the basic model - it was the 2.0 engine with front-wheel drive, cruise control, power mirrors and locks, cassette/cd stereo, but no moonroof or leather seats. I have never owned a SUV and still had my 1998 Toyota Corolla which I loved as well and only had 84,000 miles on it. I only test drove the car once and fell in love with it. It handles very well - takes curves like a charm, loves the asphalt and the gas mileage was way better than my Chrysler Town and Country mini-van at only 19 mpg. The only minor complaint - it's a bit noisy and bumpy on crowned asphalt roads. But other than that, I wouldn't trade this car in for anything. Oh, by the way, we talked the dealership down and got the RAV4 for $6900 plus a Shell gas card worth $50! So now I have two Toyota vehicles sitting in my garage and wouldn't sell them for nothing - 2001 Rav4, 85,000 miles and a 1998 Toyotal Corolla LE with 84,200 miles on it. All you need to do is change the oil every 3,000 miles and you have a vehicle that will last a very long time. One happy Toyota owner!

2001 RAV4
By Diane Taylor

2001 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

GREAT Car