Used 2004 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 438 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (438 reviews )

DO BUY! reliable practical comfortable
By Dgles

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought it with a rebuilt title. Skeptical, I had it checked -out by Toyota first. I have been 100% happy. I always buy used cars and I usually replace ALL of the fluids and filters shortly thereafter. The ONLY unexpected repair I have had to do is to replace the scissor leveling mechanism that keeps the headlights level on bouncy roads. I have not had any problems with the battery unit, but if I did, I know that I can replace individual cells for $50 or the entire unit for $500. The interior is durable and easy to clean with the foaming upholstery cleaner. I did have to re-glue the fabric on the center console-easy! These cars are expensive brand new, but if you are patient, you can find a used one at a great price and drive it for another 100k miles without worry!

my review
By Michael

Nothing

Proud owner of a Prius
By Oanh Schlesinger

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! In the past I viewed Honda Accord as the best made vehicle. Since owning this car I now think Toyota Prius is the best made vehicle. It surpasses all expectations.

Domino's Prius Update!
By alexx52093

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Wrote a review about my Dominos' store's Prius'! Updating it! We now have 3 Prius's! Two '04's and an '05! The one I wrote about before is an '04 which now has 220k mi on it and still no problems! It never breaks down or gives up! And it gets driven HARD by many different drivers! The battery still holds charge pretty well, not quite as well as our other Prius's but still returns over 50mpg if driven frugally. Our other 04' Prius has 160k mi and runs great! Same with our '05 that has 120k mi! These vehicles are workhorses! You want a reliable, affordable commuter or work car! This is the one! If it can deliver pizzas, it can do anything!

Domino's Prius
By alexx52093

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I work for my local Domino's Pizza store. It's one of the bigger stores in my area, covering a HUGE area for delivery. My boss has two Prius's as company cars that us drivers get to drive (as well as other vehicles as well). The main Prius we use has been at this store for 3 years now. It's an 04 and was bought with 90K miles on it. It is used all day long every from opening to closing of the store. It now has 186K miles after 3 years of service. There has no been one single problem with it! It is always taken to the dealership for regular maintenance when it is needed. We drivers average about 44-48 MPG when we can. During dinner rush's we can pull around 38 MPG! These things are troopers!